Heads up Graflex prices dropping?

BB8

I was perusing eBay and saw a listing for 4 Graflex tops two bottoms and a clamp I believe for $1140. That seems like a steal compared to six months ago. Pictures are not great but from what I can see they appear to be authentic. A good deal I thought I'd bring to those Graflex lovers. Anyways, happy hunting.

Yeah but note that they've been "refinished" and sanded/polished. The slider buttons on three of them are all rounded and soft looking.

Yeah it's a bit hard to tell from the quality of the pictures. Regardless,that's replica prices. I wish I had extra cash laying around. I wouldn't mind a few spares.

Graflex tops sell for around 250 on auction. Buy it nows sit if the price is high. Clamps average 70 and bottoms 150. Still high. No interest in paying that much for a graflex. Prices will drop sooner or later. This is just a fad because of the movies. 2 years ago before tfa was announced, they sold for 200 to 300. I have seen them lower but passed in hopes for a lower price.

Yes it's weird that I don't wince at thousand dollar prices. I got most of mine for under a hundred. Of course I'm old (44) so that helps.
My better half continually reminds me of my obsessions when I frown at her eyeing new shoes. Sigh. I'll never win that one. Shoes have utility as she likes to point out.

Yes it's weird that I don't wince at thousand dollar prices. I got most of mine for under a hundred. Of course I'm old (44) so that helps.
My better half continually reminds me of my obsessions when I frown at her eyeing new shoes. Sigh. I'll never win that one. Shoes have utility as she likes to point out. 

Shorter life span... aint handing those shoes to anyone... for the most part.

Indeed NeoRutty ... G R A F L E X lightsabers are usually handed down from father to son ... now I can't just wrap my head around seeing your wife, BB8, do the same with her shoes if you'd have a son ... unless he'd have more interests in say 'fashion' than science fiction ... or would enjoy cross dressing as Princess Leia as I just witnessed this weekend seeing the live-stream of STAR WARS Celebration Europe III ... so do tell your wife that the next time she makes a nasty remark to your 'luxurious and expendable' G R A F L E X collection in regards to her extensive shoe collection ... or worse ... her monthly trips to the high-end hairdressers :wacko

Chaim

Was that a buy it now price, or the open reserve?
And I expect them to drop a little, but act fast, cause they will spike again after E8 assuming Rey is still using it.

My better half continually reminds me of my obsessions when I frown at her eyeing new shoes. Sigh. I'll never win that one. Shoes have utility as she likes to point out. 

A smart husband knows if shoes is what it takes... then shoes it is... ;)

Indeed NeoRutty ... G R A F L E X lightsabers are usually handed down from father to son ... now I can't just wrap my head around seeing your wife, BB8, do the same with her shoes if you'd have a son ... unless he'd have more interests in say 'fashion' than science fiction ... or would enjoy cross dressing as Princess Leia as I just witnessed this weekend seeing the live-stream of STAR WARS Celebration Europe III ... so do tell your wife that the next time she makes a nasty remark to your 'luxurious and expendable' G R A F L E X collection in regards to her extensive shoe collection ... or worse ... her monthly trips to the high-end hairdressers :wacko

Chaim

Chaim,

An excellent point well made. I have 3 descendants to pass down my legacy to, a daughter and two sons. Ha! take that high fashion. My wife has been appropriately detained in her sweats. :lol

7444b98a-45dc-4310-8473-38e9cb848166_zps742khj6p.jpg

Well given the choice of a graflex flash complete with red button and glass eye or a pretty woman in high heels I know which one id prefer.

The prices will only climb again with the release of a SW movie every year for the next 4 or 5 years, since there will most likely be a different version with each theatrical release. So replicas will be for me probably!

Well given the choice of a graflex flash complete with red button and glass eye or a pretty woman in high heels I know which one id prefer.

Let me guess ... a pretty G R A F L E X ... flashing a woman in high heels ... via it's glass eye and with the use of it's red button :wacko

BB8 ... now that's a great picture to handle the situation with the wifey ... in binders and sweats :lol

Like fashion ... always in motion is the G R A F L E X trend ... I started my collection on a low some 11 years ago ... and I suspect after the recent high due to TFA and upcoming features ... there will be another low period in the future ... so patience if you want the genuine vintage parts ;)

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess ... a pretty G R A F L E X ... flashing a woman in high heels ... via it's glass eye and with the use of it's red button :wacko

@BB8 ... now that's a great picture to handle the situation with the wifey ... in binders and sweats :lol

Like fashion ... always in motion is the G R A F L E X trend ... I started my collection on a low some 11 years ago ... and I suspect after the recent high due to TFA and upcoming features ... there will be another low period in the future ... so patience if you want the genuine vintage parts ;)

Chaim

:lol You guys made my wife laugh, she thinks we're insane to choose a "paperweight" over a woman in high heels. (With the exception of propmaniac of course.)
I did point out that a woman in high heels cost a lot more money to take care of given any measure, while my beautiful Graflex is appreciating....making money.
She then pointedly asked me the title of this thread (which she damn well knew!) and of course I ended up in binders and lost Ebay privileges for a month.
So much for the fairer sex methinks.

Besides ebay ... there are always 'vintage camera and film stuff' fairs or swap meets and some 'old' equipment stores remaining across your country to scavage ... aren't there? :p Providing you 'houdini' yourself out of those binders :wacko And of course by now your lovely wife probably suspects by my witty replies ... I love 'fashion' next to my G R A F L E X lightsabers over any high heels ... unless I wear them myself, mind you :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back