Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

ABB444C2-F84C-41BB-9E36-7A6587E83350.jpegGot my boots!

The magnets work well, but the one on the front at the waist seems a little weaker than the rest -- not enough to really be a problem though i don't think!
Does it have a magnet closure instead of the hook and loop fastener on the waist like the real coat? I've been interested in the WSL version of the coat, but it's not possible to order if you aren't on Facebook (they don't respond to emails and it's not in the shop on their website).

This might be a stupid question (I know magnetism and electronics don't tend to go together very well, but I don't know much about the exact physics behind it), but to everyone with any version of the coat that has magnet closures, are they strong enough to potentially damage your phone or other electronics? I really like the idea of magnet closures but if you have to be super careful about where you hold your phone when you're wearing the coat it seems pretty impractical.

This might be a stupid question (I know magnetism and electronics don't tend to go together very well, but I don't know much about the exact physics behind it), but to everyone with any version of the coat that has magnet closures, are they strong enough to potentially damage your phone or other electronics? I really like the idea of magnet closures but if you have to be super careful about where you hold your phone when you're wearing the coat it seems pretty impractical.

The magnets shouldn't affect your phone unless you get one close enough to pull on the speaker or mic. Obviously you don't want to set magnetic media on a magnet, but your portable electronics aren't that sensitive. Flash memory won't be affected. Could possibly affect the sensor that controls screen orientation too, but again, only while next to the magnet.

I'm loving tha changes on all these White Sheep jackets that I'm seeing! I'm going to order another soon since I know about a lot more about the inaccuracies about my current one, but I still love it and wear mine on the daily!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

From the little I've seen they look like standard leather gloves like these
View attachment 767770

I cant tell if the 2049 gloves have the pinch like these but they do look like they have the stitching on top.

heres the best and only image I could get

View attachment 767771
View attachment 767772

The majority of the styles that match the gloves are leather.

But I was thinking... wouldn't it stand to reason that after all the effort to use animal friendly materials on the rest of the costume, they wouldn't throw in a pair of leather gloves?
These are more likely to be faux leather or PVC/Vinyl right?

That makes it all the more difficult to find a match.

Does it have a magnet closure instead of the hook and loop fastener on the waist like the real coat? I've been interested in the WSL version of the coat, but it's not possible to order if you aren't on Facebook (they don't respond to emails and it's not in the shop on their website).

Yes, the waist as well as the neck and breast fasteners are magnets. There's one waist magnet fastener, one breast fastener, and two on the neck guard. The jacket is now on their website actually, or it was the other day.

Last edited:
I found some gaspar gloves that look similar. Given goslings previous dealings with them, they might be a good bet. I asked GG and they are looking into it.

The gaspars are all leather though. It's not the styling I can't find, it's the styling in a animal-friendly alternative.
Unless gaspar made him a one off faux pair.
Or they cheated and used leather gloves.

The gaspars are all leather though. It's not the styling I can't find, it's the styling in a animal-friendly alternative.
Unless gaspar made him a one off faux pair.
Or they cheated and used leather gloves.
I've searched for 3-point vegan/faux leather gloves and can't find anything off the shelf that matches either. If they made 15 copies of the coat, I'm sure having a few pairs of custom gloves made wasn't a problem.

If they were made by Gaspar, their Genial style seems a close match, though the 'points' on the tops of the gloves are stitched straight in the screencaps above, whereas they are wavy on the Genials.

Last edited:
I've searched for 3-point vegan/faux leather gloves and can't find anything off the shelf that matches either. If they made 15 copies of the coat, I'm sure having a few pairs of custom gloves made wasn't a problem.

If they were made by Gaspar, their Genial style seems a close match, though the 'points' on the tops of the gloves are stitched straight in the screencaps above, whereas they are wavy on the Genials.
It wouldn't surprise me if the gloves were custom made even though they look ordinary.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back