1:1 Yoda ESB Sculpture (MasterEdi V2)

I can't stop looking at this :love I have a thousand questions.
With it being clay, how will it hold up over time? Or was just the original clay, & you molded it & made this out of another medium? Would you fire it to made it hard (like pottery)? Or is that a whole different kind of clay? I guess my main question is. If you bumped into this - like, in a year -, would it break? Or bend? How tall is this? & lastly, how much does it weigh?
It's just beautiful, & it looks like he's about to move.

I can't stop looking at this :love I have a thousand questions.
With it being clay, how will it hold up over time? Or was just the original clay, & you molded it & made this out of another medium? Would you fire it to made it hard (like pottery)? Or is that a whole different kind of clay? I guess my main question is. If you bumped into this - like, in a year -, would it break? Or bend? How tall is this? & lastly, how much does it weigh?
It's just beautiful, & it looks like he's about to move.

Thanks Russellsch! I had my friend mold him. He's just a brush-on resin cast. So basically he's a resin statue. Completely permanent. Then I just did a paint up on him with acrylic paint The hair is just a wig I cut hair from and glued on with matte medium... He's 27" and weighs about 15-20lbs. I'm not planning on doing a run on him, it's just too much work and I don't have the time. But thank you for the compliment, It means a lot!

Thanks Russellsch! I had my friend mold him. He's just a brush-on resin cast. So basically he's a resin statue. Completely permanent. Then I just did a paint up on him with acrylic paint The hair is just a wig I cut hair from and glued on with matte medium... He's 27" and weighs about 15-20lbs. I'm not planning on doing a run on him, it's just too much work and I don't have the time. But thank you for the compliment, It means a lot!

If there is a mold, all the expensive/hard work is done... Well brushing in a resin coat is a right pain in the butt. Getting a rotocaster in the right size for this is also prohibitively expensive.

But for the right price I'm sure there are people interested and your molder might be interested in doing the work in a limited sense.

"Brush your teeth again, you did not this morning.", I can see that as he looks up at you while you pass him :lol.

Looks amazing! I had to do a double take after seeing the finished version because his robes don't look like their painted on at all. Bravo.

I just realized the robes were painted! Holy heck!!! I thought it was real fabric!!!

Edi I'm at a loss of words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very good likeness of Yoda here!!! I'm very impressed by it and I'm quite picky!!! Show us more pics at different angles if you have time!

:thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back