ID and catalogue Vintage Flash Units for Lightsabers

Pretty much all of us have added that bit, it's actually part of the reflector pan, where you adjust subject distance. It pops right off.

Yep!
It slides right into the rim of the Canon unit if you remove the black plastic ring. I wanted mine sitting higher, so in the set screw hole (for the old black ring) i dropped some super glue. cant see it, being clear, and now theres a cool hole on the side of my saber.
DSCN3547.jpgDSCN3548.jpgDSCN3549.jpgDSCN3550.jpg

Hmmm. Thats not how I recall it looking, but again, this was years ago. It was an eBay auction and to the best of my recollection, it looked pretty close to a Graflex 3 cell. I remember it going for a couple hundred dollars. This was back in '01 - '02.

The two and three cells are actually identical. Like the graftex the top has all the goods and the bottom varies depending on how many batteries you want in it.

Actually that's not true.... there's a slight variance between the top of a Canon Y and a Canon X.

I was lucky enough to snag a Canon X, but the top of it is slightly different from the Model Y that @NeoRutty has...

My model X:
E7B86E49-7C7C-4764-8E29-02E4C9D4BE3C_zpsg3qltaw5.jpg

Canon Model Y
d25c6553e2b886377a480c3584400a69.jpg

1cbe4221bcbf96f2d1feefe6d1af92ce.jpg

There are more 'greebles' on the Model X top....

Last edited:
Good to know! I'm mostly just challenging the idea that the Y was a two cell, and the X was a 3. Both came in a variety of lengths.

Good to know! I'm mostly just challenging the idea that the Y was a two cell, and the X was a 3. Both came in a variety of lengths.

To the best of my knowledge, the Model Y only comes as a 2-cell, while the Model X came as a kit that gave you the option of using it as a 2 or 3-cell since it came with the 3-cell extension.

s-l300.jpg

a0015722_8301662.jpg

I've got a 3 cell Y.

or do you mean the Y was SOLD only as 2 cell and the X a three, despite extensions of all sizes being available? That seems likely.

Oh man, Edraven, your pics are invaluable! Thanks so much. Now I really need to get to tracking down a Canon X flash.

If anyone has a De mornay Budd they would sell or do a trade for, I would definitely be interested! They look great and I can never seem to find them on EBay or anything.

This Walz 2 Cell I got from EBay just arrived. It's really unique and I haven't been able to find any traces of it on the internet.

IMG_3348_zpsqb7juawr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3349_zpsivcl1yuy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The bracket is attached to the clamp by rivets so it's gonna take a little work separating the two.

IMG_3352_zpsgea3pfeg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There is a bulb underneath the red button. After pushing up the lever you see in the middle until it clicks, you can press in the button on the opposite side of the red button and keep it pressed in. While it's pressed in the bulb will illuminate. The photo came out really light but it's actually a deep red glow. I'm guessing it's just a way of making sure your batteries are still good because it doesn't seem bright enough to effect the photo.

IMG_3354_zpswniwzrxf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3351.JPG IMG_3350.JPG IMG_3357.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3349.JPG
    IMG_3349.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Heh... I think this was the piece that SethS was eying... I followed that auction periodically as well... thought it looked neat....

Last edited by a moderator:
This Walz 2 Cell just arrived from I got from EBay. It's really unique and I haven't been able to find any traces of it on the internet.

URL]

URL]

The bracket is attached to the clamp by rivets so it's gonna take a little work separating the two.

URL]

There is a bulb underneath the red button. After pushing up the lever you see in the middle until it clicks, you can press in the button on the opposite side of the red button and keep it pressed in. While it's pressed in the bulb will illuminate. The photo came out really light but it's actually a deep red glow. I'm guessing it's just a way of making sure your batteries are still good because it doesn't seem bright enough to effect the photo.

URL]

I think the red light means it has to be a Sith lightsaber now. ;)

This Walz 2 Cell I got from EBay just arrived. It's really unique and I haven't been able to find any traces of it on the internet.

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

View attachment 731068 View attachment 731069 View attachment 731070

I was watching this one! And totally forgot to bid. Just as well if one of us got it. Can't wait to see this saber'ed up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back