Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display -Thoughts??

Looks great all around.
I've been meaning to ask: What did you use for the transistor washer on the Obi? Is that a vintage part or one of Roman's?

It's one of Roman's.... that's the only part that I haven't been able to source in the wild... I keep thinking that it might be a transistor heat sink of some kind, but I've never been able to find one that looks like what we're looking for....

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display WIP

You know... you're the only guy I know where if I had said that I needed an extra balance pipe and your response was "lemme check... I might have a few extras in storage..."

I wouldn't bat an eyelash that you didn't somehow... :D

You predicted the future! I did for less than a week!

Attachments

• image20.JPG
    image20.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display WIP

You predicted the future! I did for less than a week!

LOL... like I said, you're the only guy...

You know it was only meant as a joke and not a challenge :wacko

Nice score! Brings back fond memories!

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display -Thoughts??

The pièce de résistance for my display arrived in the mail yesterday courtesy of AM Custom Plaques...

I think I'm just about ready to call this build and display done at long last... though I'm sure Chris or someone else will come up with something that'll make the OCD accuracy nut in me start hunting for parts again :facepalm

Till then... enjoy!

IMG_3424_zpsetqkvswj.jpg

IMG_3423_zps3pderlps.jpg

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Build/Display - Finished

*Ghost image of your wife in reflection*

"And NOW are you done?... Can we start renovating the bathroom? Buy sink taps that can be USED?!"

It was more like "You spent how long futzing your display? What did you change???" :p

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Build/Display - Finished

My newest shiny pretty thanks to a trade of female BPs with @mugatu (Thanks again Andy! You rock!)

Presenting my new NOS Derwent engine balance pipe:

IMG_3971.JPG
IMG_3972.JPG

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I always liked the novelty of the NOS pipes that @Marv found from god knows where...

And hey... one more step towards being able to build a real parts AFBB Obi, hilt, right? ;)

And thanks to @teecrooz, I also have this awesome engine clamp to display it with!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks Chris!!

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not seeing your images?

My newest shiny pretty thanks to a trade of female BPs with @mugatu (Thanks again Andy! You rock!)

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/edraven99/Real Parts Obi/IMG_3971_zpsrg2lzamo.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/edraven99/Real Parts Obi/IMG_3972_zpsgrsgvxrc.jpg

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I always liked the novelty of the NOS pipes that @Marv found from god knows where...

And hey... one more step towards being able to build a real parts AFBB Obi, hilt, right? ;)

And thanks to @teecrooz, I also have this awesome engine clamp to display it with!

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/edraven99/Real Parts Obi/FullSizeRender_zpstjuykble.jpg

Thanks Chris!!

View attachment 714983

Thanks Chris!!
incredible!
what's sitting in your balance pipe here?

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - New Shiny Pretty!

Need a balance pipe - small assembly (aka male balance pipe) to go in there? I have one I can send up.

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - New Shiny Pretty!

I managed to find some time to work on some of my builds...

Mainly trimming t-tracks to length and trimming down my version 2.0 bubbles and circuit board for my Vader ESB build.

Doesn't seem like much progress, but believe you me... with toddler twins running loose most of the time, I take what I can get :D

IMG_3991.JPG

For those of you following along, I'm replacing my original bubbles (seen here):

Bubble 6.jpg

Because the actual prop used "frosted" bubbles apparently... always something...

Some better shots of my bubble progress... I took a page out of veektohr's build when I trimmed my board

I was very happy with how everything turned out:

IMG_3993.JPGIMG_3994.JPGIMG_3995.JPG

Just need to add the clamp edge grooves...

IMG_4002.JPGIMG_4003.JPG

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm probably being a bit anal masking them off... but I didn't want to have any mishaps when filing them down....

More to come!

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

Bubble 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back