Vader MPP bubble mounting

slothfurnace_mpp_blue_01.jpg

Blue cards are here! I didn't think I'd like them as much as I do, but I think they turned out great. I had these blue ones and the new batch of green ones dipped in an extra layer of gold to pop those traces a bit.

slothfurnace_mpp_blue_02.jpg

Shown here alongside my sample, I'll get these blue ones and the green ones up on the store shortly.

Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, ......

:angel :lol

Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, Clicking refresh, ......

:angel :lol

hahah, ok, should be live now. Bottom of the card section. www.slothfurnace.com

I don't have a photo of the silver soldered blue card yet, but I will fix that today or tomorrow.

For the time being, feel free to refresh the page and order.

Thanks all!

Let me ask you all a question. For the soldering of the square pads, I have been leaving the dab of solder in a drop which catches the light in the right way, but might be too tall for fitting snug up against the card.

Do you guys think soldering the square pads is even needed, since you can't see it once it's in place?

I don't mind doing it, but I'd like to get some feedback on that particular aspect.

I could also solder it, then desolder the hump away, leaving a flat coating of silver solder on the square pad. It would be flat across the whole thing.

I am just wondering if having little domes of solder on the square pads causes trouble with people fitting the cards correctly.

The wannawanga bubbles I'm using work fine. The underside of the bubbles is recessed slightly so there is enough room for the solder humps.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I still see a green color in the photos of the original ESB. Under the bubbles, does the blue replica have any green mask color on it, so it appears more accurate than the green replica overall? (I'm doing an ANH vader so I'm not sure it matters much.)

Let me ask you all a question. For the soldering of the square pads, I have been leaving the dab of solder in a drop which catches the light in the right way, but might be too tall for fitting snug up against the card.

Do you guys think soldering the square pads is even needed, since you can't see it once it's in place?

I don't mind doing it, but I'd like to get some feedback on that particular aspect.

I could also solder it, then desolder the hump away, leaving a flat coating of silver solder on the square pad. It would be flat across the whole thing.

I am just wondering if having little domes of solder on the square pads causes trouble with people fitting the cards correctly.

I plan on just applying tiny squares of adhesive aluminum tape to replicate the silver squares. Cheap, easy, flat, done.

Just to be sure I grabbed one blue and one green, I'll see by myself as soon as tey arrive, along with the Hero/Stunt ROTJ..

Regards,

Alberto

I received 2 blue cards the other day and they are well made replicas.

Thanks for making these available!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back