Advanced potion making

Snowfire

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Aloha everyone, hope you are all well.

Right, I know there's been multiple threads of the classic APM book. Why won't they just release a ******** official version!!! (well the fact they only wrote around 20 pages then replicated it multiple times to make it look like a full book could be a problem... ooops).

Anyway, firstly I tip my hat to the great Alan Rickman. Such a sad loss of a great character (in life) and actor, may he RIP.

Snape was always my favourite character right through out the books and also in the movies. Alan did an absolute fantastic job of potraying just how I expected to see Snape on screen.

So... In honour of his memory, I've decided to create another APM book (yes another). I've got 4 different copies of the book now, but never felt that any have been true to the movie version.

While this copy won't be exactly identical (I mean come on who wants a 20 page book :p), it sits pretty close. Firstly, big thanks to LorduDesign for getting the correct 100% fonts direct from the creator of the original.

Also, I know 12 pages out of the 20 are an exact replica, so not bad going. Unfortunately, most have only seen the classic 'draught of living death', 'right use of ingredients', and 'different methods of preparation' pages. Fortunately, I've been lucky to see a few more and remember them in my mind as best to my knowledge as possible.

So, I give you a 303 page book with 90 potions! Pretty much every ingredient there is. The final element of how to cast the spell to finalise the potion and various other stuff. Unfortunately the file was pretty big, so I apologise for the quality as I have had to cut it down to be allowed to upload it on the size restricitons.

Final phase, I need to edit the layout a bit more, edit some numbers, proof read and make sure everything seems 100%.

Upon completion of the digital side of things, I will then get a copy of the book printed out, then the real fun begins of adding all the hand written notes. Keep an eye on the thread, but writing hand written notes on 300+ pages can take a few months.

Anyway, here's a video and some pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Official pics:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and windows media player doesn't work, might need VLC player as I know that does. =]

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, and also apologies for the rubbish background music and the cat purring through out looool!! and the gf talking to the cat at some stage.

Last edited:
Please, save me a copy with cloth & foil hard cover! Ill keep an eye here, so when they are ready for sale Ill send you the payment! Amazing Job! I hope to see more books from u in the future, like beedle the bard etc!

Thanks for shout-out haha! :lol I must say that you've made an outstanding job already and it's only a beginning. Do you have reference for second page of contents?

In original screen-used prop, there were two title pages and two contents pages. You can find low-res photos of them on Tumblr. Sadly there are no HD references for them available as I know.

Yeah, one side is just all hand written notes though from what I've seen. Never going to be able to read it properly impossible.

That's not what I meant. Here's bad reference photo which gives good idea how that looks.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Second image shows Preparation of Polyjuice Potion (we saw these pages before but might be helpful too).
As for hand-written page left to first title page it's some kind of 18th/19th century letter.

Last edited:
I don't think those pages are legit official ones... The polyjuice I posted above I've seen 3 times and shown it officialy by Miraphora Mina. The font seems out on your pics and Polyjuice is incorrect. You sure it's official, looks another fan made.

It's not fake. It was shown at 2013's graphic arts presentation. There're currently two other shots of it on Tumblr as I remember.
Seems like it's early version of polyjuice potion page but contents look like final one (different content on left).

Trying to find active threads about this, I am trying to either aquire or make one of these myself. I dont have the tech for writing it asthetically or as amazingly accurate, but if need be i can probably print an bind myself. @LorduDesign amazing font find btw! Any updates on when or how these will be for sale would be delightful, also i cannot wait to see images~~

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back