OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet!‏

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Update on my replacement helmet. Here's my experience with Anovos trying to get a replacement helmet.

Ticket opened on 12/28/15
Return label received on 1/13/16
Defective helmet delivered on 1/22/16

Complete silence...

Until yesterday (2/11/16) they finally gave me an update on my replacement. Another 4-8 weeks. According to them they're waiting for "replacement stock." So pretty much after 6 weeks of waiting they want me to wait another 4-8 weeks for a replacement. Their ticket response time has been laughable at best. I'm not happy with the way they're processing exchanges or the fact that it takes 2 weeks to even get someone to respond to tickets. Needless to say I told them I no longer want a replacement and instead I want my money back. Who knows how long that will take. Hopefully they won't have to go looking for replacement refunds for 4-8 weeks.

I had a very similar experience. Did you pay with PayPal? They couldn't refund my money because PayPal shows up on they're system as "gift card". So they ended up giving me a credit coupon....which I was ok with because I was planning on ordering the phasma helmet anyways. But just giving you a heads up about the PayPal thing.

Edit: I kept bugging them on social media. They would usually respond to a negative comment quickly and then escalate it.

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Anyone else waiting for a open ticket response (#601197 sent 21st December 2015). I don't understand how it can take this long to reply. I'm not on any social media so I can't follow up on those lines of communication. I would phone them but it's not a cheap call from the UK. Don't know what else I can do now.....Emails sent and two open tickets but no one at Anovos seems to care now....shocking customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:

I finally got my refund this week after I opened my ticket in December. That will be the last time I order directly from Anovos.

If you haven't already, email John Cooley directly or cc him on all your emails with ANOVOS. He posted this awhile ago. He helped me get my refund a little quicker.

reach out to us at support@anovos.com, or even to me at john@anovos.com

Same here my girlfriend had a horrible experience with them and to this day there has been no response after multiple back and forth emails.

For the first time in almost 10 years that we have been with our bank we had to file 2 chargebacks on anovos due to their lack of progress on our cases.

Also when you guys chat with anovos do you ever get anyone else besides John? im starting to worry that hes the only one answering emails.

The problem is I don't want a refund. I want a replacement on my cracked 501st fiberglass bucket. But I don't want to send it in and then wait 6 months for them to get around to replacing it while I'm stuck without a proper trooping bucket. And don't even start with "buy a placeholder". Why should someone need to spend MORE money to ANOVOS for a second helmet just to have a fill-in for something that ANOVOS has admitted is their responsibility but refused to fix in a remotely timely manner? There are people who sent their buckets back on November and still haven't gotten their replacements or even responses to their tickets.

Sorry for the rant but the crack worsens every time I use it and I just get the distinct impression that by the time things settle down over there, they will say " Oh, we won't replace it anymore since you kept using it and making iworse". I'm supposed to just stick it on shelf for the next year till they decide to actually hire a proper customer service team?

I still haven't received the helmet I ordered in December. Hopefully some of the quality control issues are being addressed and more will be on the way soon.

I don't know how companies would typically handle this, but what do you think a company should do when they have more orders for an item than items received in the first batch received from the factory? Should they ship all of them out or keep some in case there are issues with the first ones sent out?

Obviously not responding to issues raised by customers who received products is bad.

Premeir helmet just went up today as well it looks like. Tier 1 til March 31st, $510

Place your bets!

How long will it take for this to ship?

Premeir helmet just went up today as well it looks like. Tier 1 til March 31st, $510

I was expecting a lot more after the Ren helmet but That price is great. :)

Ben

agreed, the price is not bad at all. Lets just hope that the armor is reasonably priced as well.

If you haven't already, email John Cooley directly or cc him on all your emails with ANOVOS. He posted this awhile ago. He helped me get my refund a little quicker.

reach out to us at support@anovos.com, or even to me at john@anovos.com

Ok.....I sent an email to John@anovos.com and still no answer!

I've now contacted my credit card company to investigate and hopefully they will get a response from Anovos.

It shouldn't have to come to this.....what the hell do their customer service dept do all day?

The saga continues...

Guys .. you do realize that Anovos is something like 2-3 guys right? It may be a "company" but I can be a company by myself too. I would definitely not be surprised if John wouldn't be THE customer service himself... I wish they would enlighten us on that point too .. that would help us understand .. @Anovos?

I'm not defending anyone, I do have pre-orders too (although I did receive my FO TK and my OT TK armor already) and I still think they completely fail as a company to deliver a proper service. They should never bite the hand that feeds them .. volontary or not.

Guys .. you do realize that Anovos is something like 2-3 guys right? It may be a "company" but I can be a company by myself too. I would definitely not be surprised if John wouldn't be THE customer service himself... I wish they would enlighten us on that point too .. that would help us understand .. @Anovos?

I'm not defending anyone, I do have pre-orders too (although I did receive my FO TK and my OT TK armor already) and I still think they completely fail as a company to deliver a proper service. They should never bite the hand that feeds them .. volontary or not.

IMO, the number of workers should not be an excuse. I know usually negative people post more on these types of issues, customer service should still be important to any company even if it is one person. We kinda blast eFX on this so Anovos can't get a pass. I will say the one time I contacted their customer service I got an answer within a couple of days.

karmajay .. I fully agree with you, that's why I said it doesn't excuse them. I just don't get it but again .. I don't have a company! :) Their radio silence is the real problem here .. as always with these kinds of situations.

The size of a customer service department should reflect the amount of customers you need to service. If they don't have enough staff, they should hire more and take a hit on profit.

Love mine! Here's a pic of it (standard helmet) next to my RS stunt (which i recently completely repainted). For the price, the Anovos looks really good. I guess I was lucky and got one without any really noticeable flaws like glue runs. Some minor distortion in the usual spots in the white parts, but overall quite nice. It'll likely be my only licensed mass produced helmet though. I much prefer the "fan" offerings that replicate the handmade look/construction, although a manufactured look suits the first order helmet.

fXNnBSZ.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back