Bosch

Right, as we all know, Slothfurnace's Derelict is an awesome lightsaber prop; one that I have found to be very inspirational with regards to designing my own Graflex style saber.
The problem is that I'm having trouble identifying the decorative ring used around the blade, just above the emitter section.

I have highlighted the part I mean here.
saberpart.png
Research has found that it might be a section taken from a telescope's eyepiece holder, however searching for one that would seem to fit a 1" blade as well as fit beneath the emitter 'scoop' and that actually looks good has been difficult so far. Does anyone know where I could get a part like this, a nice alternative or even how to make one myself?

Thanks
Bosch

he mentioned it in the build log on his site I thought. A telescope piece
Yeah, I looked for hours at various telescope pieces and nothing that seemed compatible turned up :p
I ended up going for these instead, the black ones. I'm planning to glue them together and paint some sections chrome :)

Sorry for missing the message on Facebook, I have been swamped with messages lately.

That piece is from a telescope I had when I was a kid, probably 30 years ago. It is the eyepiece holder, it was attached to a tube, or focusing mechanism at the tail end of the telescope. It has the knurled knob that keeps the eyepiece in.

I think I used the rest of the tube as the blade shim for my first Obi ANH saber, to go between the blade and the emitter, to fill that gap.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back