Parks mpp unboxing. Build update.

Re: Parks mpp unboxing

I have one but am scared to take the shroud off, is it held in place with a set screw or glue? (So sorry for the horrible shipping time! That's...so...parks)

I have one but am scared to take the shroud off, is it held in place with a set screw or glue? (So sorry for the horrible shipping time! That's...so...parks)

I think the set screw is loctited in place. I, too, am going to replace my shroud with one of Roy's, but I'm a bit nervous about trying to remove it. It is STUCK! ON! @Panaflex, how hard was yours to remove?

I think the set screw is loctited in place. I, too, am going to replace my shroud with one of Roy's, but I'm a bit nervous about trying to remove it. It is STUCK! ON! @Panaflex, how hard was yours to remove?

That is odd, mine came off easily by loosening the screw. I wonder if the build process has changed since I purchased mine.
I ordered a new shroud from Roy and will post pics of it in place when I can.

Essentially because it's one guy handling way too many (world wide) orders for one guy to handle[/QUOTE said:
Geez, one guy? Honestly when I heard of all of the sabers he made, I kinda imagined a Geonosis droid manufacturing plant, but with Graflex's :p

Those grips look like ass. I remember the shrouds being thicker than the originals?

I have an unmodified Parks MPP from about seven years ago. I will definitely replace the shroud with Roy's, but is the Parks clamp known to have problems too?

The Parks clamp is just fine ... and while ordering a shroud from Roy ... go get his T-tracks and improved bubblestrip, once the latter has been confirmed being in the house once more :)

Chaim

Thanks. I have t-tracks from Gino's old run and already have bubble strip from Roy from 3 months ago. Has he made improvements more recently?

Thought I'd update this thread. I put on Roy's shroud and cut the grips I got from him as well. Such great stuff.

I've pulled off one rubber grip and I'm going to glue on one hard grip at a time as I peel off each rubber grip. This will make it much easier than going the template route as it's more a paint by numbers way to go.

I'm going to keep the name plate on, I like it.

IMG_8041.JPG
IMG_8042.JPG
IMG_8043.JPG

Thanks. I have t-tracks from Gino's old run and already have bubble strip from Roy from 3 months ago. Has he made improvements more recently?

Sorry belloq, I just notices your question :$ Roy has made some slight improvements with his latest bubblestrip run ... some in regards to the production process ... but yours will be just fine for a wannawanga replica :)

Chaim

Looking good Panaflex. I hope mine looks as good when I'm done. I'm still bummed I missed out on Roy's shrouds. Thanks for confirming Chaim. Any chance Roy will consider a limited run of unpainted shrouds?

Looking good Panaflex. I hope mine looks as good when I'm done. I'm still bummed I missed out on Roy's shrouds. Thanks for confirming Chaim. Any chance Roy will consider a limited run of unpainted shrouds?

Thanks Belloq, yeah I wish I'd ordered a couple more shrouds from Roy now. I have other projects that would benefit from them. I bought 2 before they went away.

That Parks looks real good, Panaflex! I wish I had ordered a complete Parks before they went extinct. I could use one right now.

I'm still bummed I missed out on Roy's shrouds. Thanks for confirming Chaim. Any chance Roy will consider a limited run of unpainted shrouds?

That is up to Roy ... what I would advice Roy to do is start an Interest Thread in the Project Runs in the Junkyard section to gather and determine how many more metal MPP based shrouds are truly in demand ... whether with or without wrinkle paint done by a third party :)

Chaim

That is up to Roy ... what I would advice Roy to do is start an Interest Thread in the Project Runs in the Junkyard section to gather and determine how many more metal MPP based shrouds are truly in demand ... whether with or without wrinkle paint done by a third party :)

Chaim

That's a good call, Chaim. A run may make more sense than offering them for sale on the site, due to the difficulties he had shipping them. Lord knows enough people are interested.

I'm in need for a shroud as well. I would go ahead and get a set of his anh graflex completion kit and vaders as well to save on shipping.

I would definitely be interested in 2 more shrouds, painted or UN-painted :love The one I was able to get, when he first offered them, is magnificent.
An interested thread is a great idea Sym-Cha.

Ah great, this is news to me. I ordered one in February and now i don't see it on his website anymore. I tried emailing him twice with no reply.
Does anyone know if he's doing a 2.0 like the graflex or completely discontinued?
How's his track record on refunds?

That Parks looks real good, Panaflex! I wish I had ordered a complete Parks before they went extinct. I could use one right now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back