1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

I'm going to hope when they lose the plating that the ship catches fire and all of the padded walls turn yellow from heat / smoke. Can't be much else to cause that unless the "sister ship" theory.

Hey T,

I like that! My guess is they jettison the plating during the Kessel Run. Interior damage is still up in the air. But, I'm loving the fact that MF is becoming more of a central "character" than just a prop. She's become so much more than eye candy!

SofaKing, SPEECHLESS again!! I am continuously amazed/blown away by your creativity in using the different mediums, and your ability to visualize these different parts/pieces, and then construct them all together to create the masterpiece 'Greeblies' you continue to make! Wonderful work, and always a highlight to see your regular updates! The console looks absolutely AMAZING by itself there at the maker fair too!! Keep up the amazing work, you and the team are an inspiration to a lot of us!!!
Sean

Hi S,

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful and kind words. Your words and continued support inspire me to keep going! Thanks for that! :)

- - - Updated - - -

OH YEAH! Those buckles are going to look awesome once they are finished up and mounted! It amazes me how FAST you're able to knock these requests out. You're going to spoil me! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! It's been a while since I have visited here. And I can't believe your progress and your stick-to-it-iveness! Wonderful to see.

Hey W,

Thanks so much! I'll forgive your absence this time around. I know you've been a little busy lately. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Neato! Looks like the real deal.

Hey K,

That's the plan! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I know. Awesome work Sofaking01

Hey Iz,

These wouldn't exist without your talents and continued support! KUDOS to you for making this come to life! :)

A work of art unto themselves. Nice work SK!

Thanks SB! The actual TRMs are so cool looking and a work of art as well! I've grown to have a deep appreciation for those unsung heroes who originally designed and fabricated all these amazing real world parts. I really wanted to get these right as they are, like the head piece, very iconic. :)

wow... I never noticed those things in the movie :D

Hey OC,

Thanks! They are very difficult to see on screen as they are painted black and simply fade into the shadows. Believe it or not, we get a GREAT view of the TRM on Boba Fett's ship from ESB. Check it out!

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=109205&fullsize=1

- - - Updated - - -

Outstanding work. Your workmanship is amazing.

Thank you, my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Really adds that extra something to the chairs. Very nice.

Thank, Lt W! I've been looking so forward to finally getting these printed, finished up and mounted! As I mentioned, they are a very iconic part of the chair and I really wanted them to look spot on!

- - - Updated - - -

OH YEAH!!!! The more I look... the more I like the yellow pads. The yellow, black and grey colors really do work well with each other. Also, quite a few but very subtle color changes between the Solo and ANH/ESB panels. I love it!

Last edited:
Alright, smeeon here again, Sofa and I don’t have the most coordinating schedules, also I work best at night, which is like the exact opposite of poor Greg, well I’ve been making an effort to get the canopy beams installed ASAP so that Greg can do his thang and build the structure around them. This is a small teaser update and honestly I’m not used to Tapatalk to upload images so here it goes.

I still need to print 1 more bracket but I was itching to get the three beams installed as a surprise for Greg and I stepped back and it brought an instant smile to my face.

Progress ladies and gentlemen, enjoy!

be4c9f5ba6222aea8b23c6ead50e9009.jpg

3200f1c18703ff22ad6f36436e320852.jpg

69d9c074ca8438349eaf948ce86a0320.jpg
101af3d63cebfd146d06c3058cd17664.jpg

This last image is the bracket I printed in 100% infill ABS you can slam it with a sledge hammer and it won’t crack.

I need to reprint 4 because where the front window meets the beams it’s the narrowest the beams are and the bracket is wider at 3” than the actual window beam. Whoops. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful as always Sofa.

I've not seen anyone else post this here, so here goes…

https://www.space.com/39735-lego-kessel-run-millennium-falcon-interior-photos.html

Thanks, R!

So what we are seeing IS in fact the Kessel Run! Awesome! Whether or not she's the actual MF... we'll find out in a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, smeeon here again, Sofa and I don’t have the most coordinating schedules...

It's true. We don't! But with results like this why rock the boat! ;)

WOW! I felt like a kid waking up and Santa found his way into the warehouse with his bag of goodies! SO AWESOME!

Thank you for the awesome early Christmas present!

Looks really cool. I remember the dark days when it was mostly disassembled. I love the wide shots showing everything all together.

Now...don't hate me, but the central ring (the smallest one), it looks significantly thicker than most of the reference of the movie set. Is that in any way something that can be modified? I remember you making that thing a long time ago, and it seemed pretty complicated, so I'm guessing not. It looks fine, but it was just something I noticed as I was comparing how you have the struts arranged (they look right!).

Looks really cool. I remember the dark days when it was mostly disassembled. I love the wide shots showing everything all together.

Now...don't hate me, but the central ring (the smallest one), it looks significantly thicker than most of the reference of the movie set. Is that in any way something that can be modified? I remember you making that thing a long time ago, and it seemed pretty complicated, so I'm guessing not. It looks fine, but it was just something I noticed as I was comparing how you have the struts arranged (they look right!).

Hey Lt W,

You are not wrong. The interior window sill is a bit too thick. The window in general is one of those "Ship of Riddle" mysteries that continue to haunt us. Every exterior shot of the "full scale" prop shows a thin circular sill. From what I understand, based on the several 3D models that had been done, the interior side of the window when compared to the exterior side didn't match so a compromise was made resulting in what we see now.

We really should go back a readdress this very issue and see if we can't thin out the sill a bit more.

OH. I hate you. ;)

Wait, what did I miss? Why are those last set of pics a barren cockpit? Is this a different one? Please don't tell me you are starting all over!

Alright, smeeon here again, Sofa and I don’t have the most coordinating schedules, also I work best at night, which is like the exact opposite of poor Greg, well I’ve been making an effort to get the canopy beams installed ASAP so that Greg can do his thang and build the structure around them. This is a small teaser update and honestly I’m not used to Tapatalk to upload images so here it goes.

I still need to print 1 more bracket but I was itching to get the three beams installed as a surprise for Greg and I stepped back and it brought an instant smile to my face.

Progress ladies and gentlemen, enjoy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180222/be4c9f5ba6222aea8b23c6ead50e9009.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180222/3200f1c18703ff22ad6f36436e320852.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180222/69d9c074ca8438349eaf948ce86a0320.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180222/101af3d63cebfd146d06c3058cd17664.jpg
This last image is the bracket I printed in 100% infill ABS you can slam it with a sledge hammer and it won’t crack.

I need to reprint 4 because where the front window meets the beams it’s the narrowest the beams are and the bracket is wider at 3” than the actual window beam. Whoops. [emoji28]

And for some reason SK, I thought you were building this thing out of an airplane hangar or something that spacious!!!

Looks like your a mortal human like all of us after all! :D

And for some reason SK, I thought you were building this thing out of an airplane hangar or something that spacious!!!

Looks like your a mortal human like all of us after all! :D

yeah... just a regular ol warehouse. But don't tell my dogs. They think I'm awesome! ;)

Hey guys, last brackets printed.

45c206e5ebe1386687a050cfff54e5b9.jpg

Again that’s solid ABS and incredibly strong. I annealed them all in the oven so they should be extra Rigid.

I won’t be able to get back on the project until Sunday so this is back in Sofa’s capable hands until then. Enjoy.

a34723009d30dbb4686c87797d13fccd.jpg

6107a1f64593362ea74bb132b8f5d1ca.jpg

For some reason that last pic of the forward viewport facing out the door has my mind going to the way they have been pushing the limits with hyperspace, both coming out already in atmosphere, and punching it right out of the dock bay doors...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back