3D printed lawgiver project.

Oh man this is so awesome. For a long while I was thinking of using the Stallone gun with my Urban dredd outfit. I can't decide wich gun I like the most.
I've just got a 3d printer, so still learning what not to do, will attempt to print this out and share my experience :)

I'm planning on making 3d models and share all the other items that are not freely available, like zipties, grenade, breachmine, and boot items.
Can't wait until I have some time on my hands :)

Definitely interested in seeing the files on this, but it looks like the links in-thread are broken at the moment since none of the images are loading and the .zip is unavailable. Any chance you could rehost 'em?

I’ve printed the whole lawgiver and started assembly. I put in 2mm and 3mm location holes in the model which makes lining up the parts easy. I used some brass tube and fixed everything with super glue gel.

s3d037.jpg

I didn’t bother printing the barrel or lens, as I had some spare aluminium tube and another binocular lens available. I will probably make an aluminium butt plate as well.

s3d038.jpg

s3d039.jpg

I will modify the file slightly. I forgot to put location holes in some parts. I’ve also made some cut-outs, so that the trigger can be put in from the top after the trigger guard halves are glued together.
Now there’s a lot of filler primer and sanding ahead.

s3d040.jpg

That lens "thingy" is going to be hard to find. You are right that it looks like a binocular eye piece or an antique microscope eye piece...maybe even child size since my only reference for size is the barrel diameter. I know that isn't awfully helpful. Good luck!

That lens "thingy" is going to be hard to find. You are right that it looks like a binocular eye piece or an antique microscope eye piece...maybe even child size since my only reference for size is the barrel diameter. I know that isn't awfully helpful. Good luck!

Its a flashlight with a remote trigger.

I apologize that I forgot that you are trying to replicate exactly what it is.. but as a gun enthusiast..a Monocular would make no sense on a gun hence I said it what said. however in hindsight... a laser would be something else I would put there. It wouldnt be exact but functionality wise it would make sense.

Again I apologize if I am out of line for suggesting something with functionality.

:facepalm LOL.

No. It's a Vivitar Monocular (not sure of the model number off the top of my head).

I think that was the thought....binocular, is two lenses....monocular is one lense. I've seen many of each that have nearly identical eye pieces. Small binoculars, also called "opera glasses", have smaller eye pieces. Children's models are also possible and are usually made entirely of plastic, making removal from the body much easier. Unless he is set upon finding the exact piece, I suggest the foregoing as a close approximation . Just my take.:D

By the way, the model he is replicating has that piece front facing below the barrel and seems to be the usual movie add on that serves no real purpose since, even if there was an aperture on the receiver end, you would be looking through the wrong end for any magnification, and without a rectifying lenses opposite the front piece, the image would be upside down. Of course, sights are usually top side of the frame, as well. I don't know if the prop maker intends for this to be a pseudo laser projection system or what.....maybe just a gee whiz fiddly bit like the cockpit gizmos in the Millennium Falcon...doesn't do anything, just looks cool.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back