New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

No. It's meant to address the static supporters. One argument is the need for accuracy to the screen-used prop. However, my comment intended to convey: (i) if those static supporters also build DL-44's, then do they also strive for the same level of accuracy when the ANH Hero DL-44 was made from an active Mauser, and not an MGC or Denix, and (ii) has it been established for certain that the screen-used ROTJ Hero hilt was solid inside? And if so, do we even know if it was one piece, or several machined pieces

Ahh ok, gotcha. It’s a little different in that DL-44’s were made from found objects and this Luke saber was scratch made, save a few greeblies. I’m sure every blaster collector would prefer a real Mauser, just depends on price and availability. I don’t collect blasters, just sabers. I’d love a real MPP but they’re rare and unaffordable for me, so in that case I’ll seek the best replica available.

I think the hero Luke is one piece and solid, but I’ll be happy as long as its outward appearance is accurate. I’ll be the first to admit that I’d love to not have to pay extra for features that as a static hilt collector I’ll never use.

I can certainly understand this sentiment.

I dont do fx sabers myself, so I'd go either way. The reason my I went with FX for my latest v2 run is because I needed to drum up a critical mass to make the run happen and since the saber already is multiple parts the price difference didnt amount to much for a non fx version.

As to the ISYHCANL version or the MOM saber, that really depends on how you build the control box. Since the original was buit with brass L stock and strips of styrene all you have to do to get the ISYHCANL version is reposition the styrene a little.

As to the ISYHCANL version or the MOM saber, that really depends on how you build the control box. Since the original was buit with brass L stock and strips of styrene all you have to do to get the ISYHCANL version is reposition the styrene a little.

I was gonna comment on this too. Wouldn't you just have to omit the two gray styrene tracks altogether?

Here's something to help the discussion.:D I found it somewhere here on the RPF so I can not take credit for it.

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
There was a discussion in another old thread from 2017 about a pcb for blinking red and green LEDs in the control box for your next run of a Hero if you did it. @anakinstarkiller did you ever find the answers to your questions? That would be an amazing static hilt with the ability to have blinking LEDs. You're getting my money with whatever you decide. I'm just getting excited with your V2 release and then hopefully your next Hero run. Don't mind me.

I would really love an FX ready accurate Luke ROTJ hero hilt. I had a KR sabers hilt that i sold and later regretted but if a super accurate one came along, uneven grips and all and hollow I would be very happy :)

Anakin, what timeframe for signup are you looking at for the uneven grips rotj Luke ? I prefer fx version. Do you have an email i can reach you so I don't miss signup? Thanks

Hey Anakin,
Do you think you'll put up an interest list for your Hero run? Wasn't sure if you were going to wait a bit since you just got done with your V2 run and may need a break? That was a big run!

Was it a rumor or proven the emitter has a fender washer?

And what picture makes us think that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back