Possible part found; Correct scope rings used on the ROTJ E-11 and DL-44

GCLAMBERT89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After several months of looking at hundreds of vintage scope rings, I have found what I believe is the correct brand and model that was used for both Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster and the E-11 in Return of the Jedi.

The brand is Parker-Hale, and the model is RCH 3. A 11mm dove tail scope mount for 1 inch scopes. Pics below.

699F9458-9834-4CEF-8C16-DF028603D1DA.jpeg100FC3E7-0CC2-4951-BAFA-AFF22B784853.jpegD4B790C1-910D-4BC2-9B3A-ADD7C539B398.jpeg7EEA63CF-0F08-4EC6-AAFE-AC83757554D0.jpeg2F9A9ACF-E4BA-4E20-AFC2-A6C68DD373F5.jpeg14A369AB-80D5-4596-9C0F-4365DA2FCEB6.jpeg

And a close up photo of the E-11.

EFA2F435-84EE-4B8C-8830-77288A90B99E.jpeg

Made in the early 1980s and sold in England, I am highly confident that this is the correct part, but I could be wrong. Either way, I thought it would be worth sharing with everyone.

Last edited:
After several months of looking at hundreds of vintage scope rings, I have found what I believe is the correct brand and model that was used for both Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster and the E-11 in Return of the Jedi.

The brand is Parker-Hale, and the model is RCH 3. A 10mm dove tail scope mount for 1 inch scopes. Pics below.

View attachment 797984View attachment 797985View attachment 797986View attachment 797987View attachment 797988View attachment 797989

And a close up photo of the E-11.

View attachment 797990

Made in the early 1980s and sold in England, I am highly confident that this is the correct part, but I could be wrong. Either way, I thought it would be worth sharing with everyone.
Wow, that looks pretty spot on. My I ask where you found it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks pretty spot on. My I ask where you found it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have been searching through ebay looking at vintage scope rings for quite some time, and I came across a scope ring made by Parker-Hale that had very similar design characteristics to the part used on the prop. Although the scope ring was designed for scopes much smaller than an inch along with a few other discrepancies, it led me to scouring the internet looking exclusively for Parker-Hale scope rings.

I ended up first coming across models RBH-3 and RBH-4 on a "for sale" thread on a gun forum, which at first glance I thought to be the correct ones. After they both arrived I was disappointed to discover that they had been designed for 17mm rails, much larger than the rail used for the E-11.I continued searching and reading a lot about the various scope rings made by PH until I came across the model RCH-3 referenced in a thread on another gun forum. Exactly the same design as the RBH model, but designed for 11mm rails.

I continued searching until I came across an online store that sold various gun parts, many of which are quite vintage. I was in luck when they happened to have this perfectly unused box of scope rings available to purchase.

Maybe with posting over in the DL-44 greeblie thread for some more expert eyes to look at....

I think the Parker Hales were brought up many years ago but may have been lost in time. They’re not coming up in RPF searches.
I’m not home this week but I’m pretty sure I have some in my ROTJ prop boxes. I don’t remember an exact part number before though. Good to have precise info.

cool! I keep looking. I have some that are VERY close, but not exact

The main difference is the thumbwheel on either the Kassnar or the Parker-Hale!
The ones used by BD for his ROTJ DL44s are accurate with regards to their body, but the thumbwheel(s) are wrong.

Sad news...I´ve been informed, that the scope rings I purchased online were sold through their store the day before. They had to cancel my order :unsure

Same style was produced by different companies.
I just purchased a set of vintage Kassnar scope rings (also manufactured in the UK), featuring the same details.

Thx for sharing!

View attachment 798464

Nice! Good to know that there are other brands as well!

The main difference is the thumbwheel on either the Kassnar or the Parker-Hale!
The ones used by BD for his ROTJ DL44s are accurate with regards to their body, but the thumbwheel(s) are wrong.

Sad news...I´ve been informed, that the scope rings I purchased online were sold through their store the day before. They had to cancel my order :unsure

That sucks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back