Solo: A Star Wars Story

Why are we getting all this stuff about George Lucas being pushed out prior to the release of this movie?

A set visit is suddenly turned into a whole GL directed a small scene thing, then a whole new spin about Solo beings GL`s idea. What a set up in the making. For all we know this was just a thought bubble to Lucas and nothing more. Watch out George, damage control is real and the bus is getting warmed up.

Why are we getting all this stuff about George Lucas being pushed out prior to the release of this movie?

A set visit is suddenly turned into a whole GL directed a small scene thing, then a whole new spin about Solo beings GL`s idea. What a set up in the making. For all we know this was just a thought bubble to Lucas and nothing more. Watch out George, damage control is real and the bus is getting warmed up.

It is disgusting the way they will use anyone or anything to sell their schit products. They kicked George to the curb after the purchase five years ago, but now have welcomed him back into the family in an attempt to generate fan interest in the steaming pile of crap they're putting on sale the last Friday in May.

Their cynicism knows no bounds.

The Wook

It is disgusting the way they will use anyone or anything to sell their schit products. They kicked George to the curb after the purchase five years ago, but now have welcomed him back into the family in an attempt to generate fan interest in the steaming pile of crap they're putting on sale the last Friday in May.

Their cynicism knows no bounds.

The Wook

The way they play the game is far more sinister than anything the Empire would come up with, on one hand they use his name to sell their garbage and at the same time have the same name ready to throw under the bus if and when it all turns to ash. "Well George played a part in it and it was George`s idea in the first place so blame him"

Its obvious that the Lucas layout for TLJ was nothing like the end result as the shill`s would have screamed it out long ago.

Arnold is cast in each Terminator to show an original member of the original film was involved. Which doesnt really turn the tide on whether the film does good or not, as we seen in each new Terminator film. Having Lucas nearby doesnt mean it will make, or break, the movie. They think it helps the brand, but it really makes no difference quality-wise. WB recently allowed a fanmade Voldemort origins movie to be distributed under them, but its still a crap fanmade movie!

Arnold is cast in each Terminator to show an original member of the original film was involved. Which doesnt really turn the tide on whether the film does good or not, as we seen in each new Terminator film. Having Lucas nearby doesnt mean it will make, or break, the movie. They think it helps the brand, but it really makes no difference quality-wise. WB recently allowed a fanmade Voldemort origins movie to be distributed under them, but its still a crap fanmade movie!

Any involvement of George with these films seems at best to be a friendly relationship he has with people like Ron Howard and Gareth Edwards. We only learn about it after the fact from people who were there. I don’t see LF or Disney doing press releases every time George shows up on a SW set to try and leverage that. I think it’s neat George may have had suggestions for Howard in a specific scene. It’s also interesting that Kasdan may have been working on a Solo story back in 2012 but I don’t see it being anything other then that, interesting.

Nope, sorry Bryan. They invited him to set specifically to throw him under the bus after the movie comes out. That logic is 100% sound and level-headed. It's all an elaborate conspiracy. Also, Hoth is flat. The Death Star was an inside job. There was a second shooter in the Death Star throne room.
Also the twin suns are mickey mouse's ears, proven later by the mickey head on the view screen in the Vader/Luke fight scene in Empire.

27867182_1724395304286916_292240416434498437_n.jpg

J

Considering Ford's historical indifference towards Star Wars (which admittedly may be an unfair take when compared to Mark Hamill's torch-carrying), that was a really nice video. Not sure how much acting was involved, but I'll take it. I always get nervous when he opens his mouth (I get strangely embarrassed for people when they act like jerks).

Nope, sorry Bryan. They invited him to set specifically to throw him under the bus after the movie comes out. That logic is 100% sound and level-headed. It's all an elaborate conspiracy. Also, Hoth is flat. The Death Star was an inside job. There was a second shooter in the Death Star throne room.

Why am I not surprised you think that,

Thanks, Jaitea, that was hilarious. lol

Ford gave his honest answer first. Then nearly said he'd be watching it as...as...as...I think he wanted to say as "an obligation". And then towed the company line by saying he'd watch it as a fan. Bwahahaha

God, he's just so uncomfortable talking about the character. Notice how he avoided answering the question about how he felt about Han's death, by doing a strange Monty Python imitation from their Bring Out Your Dead sketch. Wow. Bizarre.

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m sure he was as happy as Larry having lunch with AE as well.:lol

I'm sure Harrison kept his lunch with Alden as brief as possible, ordering just soup. And he kept his head down, staring into his bowl of soup, slurping away spoonful after spoonful, tilting his head up towards Alden, just a few degrees, a handful of times, and only long enough to mumble in response to Alden's questions, "Sure.", "You'll be fine.", "Just make it your own.", "I never really thought about that.", "I don't remember.", and "Just watch the movies, kid, it's all in there.".

As Alden stares at Harrison, disappointed in his gloomy reticence, a smile begins to come over Alden's face, as Harrison finally lifts his head fully up away from his half empty soup bowl--Alden sure now that Harrison's eaten something he'll loosen up and provide keen insights into the character! But Harrison's head turns from side to side, as he scans the diner, yelling out, "CHECK!".

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back