Deadpool 2

kcpstudio

Totally understand about the NDA. I think it's fun guessing. Reminds me of when i help my kids with games and then flip to the back of the book to see how close we were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
This should really be broken off into a different thread as I'm pretty sure it's going to be a big one.

Here's an interesting alternative to the AEG as a base:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Worker-MOD-K...Items-for-Nerf-STRYFE-Modify-Toy/311627333766

About the same price as this though once you factor in the cost of the Stryfe itself.

fun-fact, Stryfe is the name of Cables clone :D

s-l500.jpg

Sad loss:cry She had completed, successfully, 4 runs of that same stunt work before this unfortunate accident. I hope the investigation can shed some light on what has happened.

Are you sure it's a Barrett? Lol

No, Im not sure, thus the valid question as there is not enough clear pictures provided. I couldnt find in this thread where you confirmed it was from a Barrett. There have been lots of instances on the RPF where real world part 'A' was debunked to be to be real world part 'B'.

So, is it a Barrett found part?

Edit from the other thread.....:

kcpstudio sez in the other thread, "Ooo... this is fun. Sure about that stock? Second, sure about that launcher? Third, you sure about Barrett? Lol

So now it's time to play a game. Who's in?

I did test firing of Ryan's Desert Eagles before and after modding his guns. I have all the test casings. The first one to positively identify all the correct items I used and modified will get a shell casing which I will engrave with my autograph and DP2 on it. This will be one of the casings right from one of his hero firing guns I built."

The whole point of the RPF is to inspire, share and collaborate. Not dangle a plastic carrot.

The Pulse Rifle is the gold standard along with Weta weapons, the ZF1 etc. The whole design has to come together. Not just look like a bunch of found pieces cobbled together. Not saying your design is a bunch of cobbled found pieces.

Last edited:
Easy there Lear60man I'm having fun with the peeps. Don't bring negativity like what's in current events to this thread. I've helped people here on the RPF more than you or anyone else knows. Glad you've given away castings of screen used items for free. Glad you you think the gold standard is the pulse rifle and WETA. I have a lot of close friends there. I know WETA very well. We, as in my company and theirs, have worked on many films and TV shows together. So you were a prop master? Mainline or fan? What's your name? Would love to check out your imdb.

Now, as for this thread.... I can't tell people what I used until the film screens. This is fact. I have inspired a great deal of members here and have answered countless PMs about props I've built over the years. I've shared, I've collaborated. I've given away tons of stuff as well. I'm certainly not dangling a carrot over anyone's head.

But, thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't even chat or have fun with members of the Replica Prop Forum. I had numerous friends... industry and non industry tell me to stay away because it wasn't worth it. But I always came back to help guys out by answering tons of PMs etc. Or attend tons of shows through the year just so I can look forward to dealing with TSA and shipping movie props, weapons etc all over the US so guys, like you, from here can take pics and measurements of the **** to help build their replicas. So thank you for enlightening me as to the whole point of the RPF. As for the carrot? I think you missed the part where I mentioned how I would be posting a tons of **** on the build once the film screens.

If I misinterpreted your tone then I apologize. Its difficult to gauge a persons intent on the internet. Even harder when people are correctly guessing parts and the creator says 'Are you sure?' Its a little confusing.

My professional prop involvement was pre IMDB. I did pattern work part time at Icons to help pay for flight school (1995?). It was short lived as I got hired on flying Lears and couldnt do both. Very small potatoes compared to, I assume, your lengthy resume.

As far as people warning you to stay away from the RPF....that was the old days when bickering and personal attacks ruled. I choose to just say, thanks for your contributions and I clearly read your intentions wrongly. Its that simple.

When I say... "are you sure"?, I'm basically saying.... "you may want to check again because you're wrong". That is a hint without actually saying what I used. :)

I will switch the "lol" to :) a smilie because looking back on my posts, I don't want people to think I'm laughing at them. I'm not. It's all fun. I've gone on record during interviews saying how impressed I was how fans (like from the RPF) manage to find parts we use. I still think it's amazing. I purposely chose some items which are rare or hard to find just to keep things interesting. This year was crazy for me. I can't tell you how many weapons and gadgets I had to design for Altered Carbon and a few films. You tend to run out of ideas. :)

I'm certain once people see this film and see the gun in action, it will grow on them. As for your apology, none necessary. I can totally see where texts or writing can be misunderstood or written in a way to cause confusion. I don't want people here thinking I'm laughing at them. That is so far from the case. I lost friends over the fact that I come here to the RPF. I had close friends texting me hate messages for coming here. This is no lie. It's sad. But, I like coming here and reading and watching guys come up with things. Hey, I'm a fan first. I came from this site many years ago when it was just a board.

So, moving forward, I will try to go over my posts to make sure they don't sound rude or sound like I'm laughing at anyone. And certainly don't feel like I'm holding carrots over anyone's heads! The fact that I'm here means I'm here to help you guys. I just can't really do certain things until the film screens.

Love Brolin's Cable. :) ...But I keep getting resurgences of frustration over Domino. When I heard the casting of Zazie Beetz I was optimistic. She has the right energy and face for it. I thought they'd do the look with make-up and such. But this? *sigh* Very much disappoint. From everything in the comics over the entire thirty-ish years she's been around (during which her look has stayed pretty damn consistent for a comic character), it's been heavily implied that she's Latina, not Caucasian. So making her black isn't progressive, in this case. She's not an albino. She has alabaster pigmentation, as a secondary mutation. I imagine her skin tone looks something like this:

prometheus_engineer_by_pretty__kittie-d6qihqd.png

And the "eyepatch" isn't pigment -- it's either painted on or a tattoo. So the African-skin-tone-with-vitiligo reversal is a change-up for no character-relevant reason. And all of this is doubly shocking because, as others have said, everything else so far has utterly frikkin' nailed it.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back