Vader MPP bubble mounting

It's the leds they look spot on when you mount it.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus you can see the wire connectors if you look closely as to which way round to put it.

Would this also mean that those red raised leds can only be found in Exactra's with almost all round bubblestrips as seen in that picture by teecrooz?

Chaïm

Well, it's pretty convincing. It even appears to hang off either edge like the photo, as that card and the seven LED modules would be a bit longer than the MPP clamp it's inserted into.

I can do a new card design for sure, I just don't know how I'd source those LED modules, or replicate them.

Well, it's pretty convincing. It even appears to hang off either edge like the photo, as that card and the seven LED modules would be a bit longer than the MPP clamp it's inserted into.

I can do a new card design for sure, I just don't know how I'd source those LED modules, or replicate them.
That sounds great.
Maybe it don't need to be real LEDs. Maybe very thin acrylic glass or some foil in the right color could just look right?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Slothfurnace, I was thinking that, if you could replicate at least the underlying board itself, thin red acrylic sheets could be sourced and cut separately, and then glued to the board. Just an early thought.

Belloq, it's a good start, I have a few circuitboards I need to work on this week (non clamp card related) I might as well add this to the stack.

Would this layout work as the back of the other one I did? So you could flip them? or a standalone card?

I also found some of these:

led_module.jpg

And ordered them. They are the proper size and lead count, but have a bubble-top instead of flat. I'll use them to size my board.

Before this becomes another Interest thread . . . I'd like to know what the consensus is . . . are the red raised leds what most folks agree upon what we see inbetween those MPP clamp teeth?

Perhaps teecrooz can provide us also with a accurate 3/4 sideshot of the red raised leds ... because this is not such a simple design as the previous green board was ... here's what I mean by example of another TI-board, not Exactra 20 based, ... yet the red bubble leds are raised by their leads ... like so :

Chaïm

With only one photo to go from, what Tcrooz is showing, I'm believing...

Last edited:
If i would have to guess from the one pic, i would say it´s the red leds on board.

But to replicate it accurate looks not as easy as the other boards. Yet i´m interested.

Nice comparison, Marv ... it would be rather nice if we could see a replicated shot of the Vader V2 MPP as we know it ... hanging in a darker setting from a couple of feet away ... can it be done?

Chaïm

Double click and it turns upright ... and boy does that MPP V2 look quite compelling all of a sudden ... so ... the next question (perhaps for a seperate thread?) is . . . whatever happened to the accompanying bubblestrip back in 1976 where did that go? OB1? Luke ANH? Stuntsabers? :wacko

Chaïm

Those red bubble led's look close slothfurnace, though I think accurate measurements should still be taken from an original. Perhaps someone can post a "zoomed in from afar" shot of it next to a ruler, or better yet, loan one to slothfurnace for a bit. I am digging this.

Last edited:
I can send him one. :). Traveling for a funeral and then work meetings but should be able to send by the end of next week if people want me to.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back