ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Well I don’t have mine yet but will next week. I can say for certain that the Han Solo rig medium was HUGE on me. The Small was perfect. I wear a large in most of their costumes but the pants can be too big on me. Large tops all the way and medium to large pants depending on what it is.

Ill be sure to post my review and pics as well when it arrives.
Okay... good to know. Im supposed to get mine Monday... so ill also post pics and my thoughts then.

Ahhhh nooooo I ordered a Small too. May I ask what waist size you normally wear for a reference? I had the Han medium and it had no chance of staying on em. I usually wear a 32” waist in jeans and pants.

I typically wear a 33-34 pant. I’m guessing the belt will fit you just fine, but the placement of the lightsaber hook and d-ring is what kills it...

@ masterjedi322 and FastballSpecial so im getting a little concerned/confused. I measured my hip (while wearing the bespin pants) per Anovos.. and i was right at 41... a Medium(40-44"). Hip measurement is typical for holsters.. as they are generally worn at a slight angle over the hip or pant waste if you wear your pants low (today's norm). Waste is measured at the naval. Luke wears his all over the place per scene to be able to act or do stunt work... it does look like he wears it at pant waste or hip in general tho.

Not having the Han belt for comparison, was the hip measurement a typo on Anovos part? Ive had success with both my Bespin and ENT jumpsuit fitting using their measuring schemes.

My biggest gripe with regard to the Anovos pieces, is their sizing is all over the place. I’m a medium in some, large in others. The Solo Bespin outfit in large fit me great, but the rig in medium is a bit too large even on the tightest setting. For the Skywalker set, I needed a medium jacket and a large pant. I thought, since the Solo rig was too big in a medium, that I should go with a small, but that didn’t work.

I don’t feel like jumping through the return and exchange hoop, so I just ordered a large hoping that will fit or will at least be modifiable to fit.

Sean

Just to throw this out there in regard to the Belt rig sizing...

Luke Bespin - Luke wears his on his waist.
Han Bespin - Han wears his on his hips (he has a pant belt that he wears on his waist.)

Wouldn't this play a factor and Han's Belt Rig would be a larger size than Luke's Belt Rig?

I typically wear a 33-34 pant. I’m guessing the belt will fit you just fine, but the placement of the lightsaber hook and d-ring is what kills it...

My biggest gripe with regard to the Anovos pieces, is their sizing is all over the place. I’m a medium in some, large in others. The Solo Bespin outfit in large fit me great, but the rig in medium is a bit too large even on the tightest setting. For the Skywalker set, I needed a medium jacket and a large pant. I thought, since the Solo rig was too big in a medium, that I should go with a small, but that didn’t work.

I don’t feel like jumping through the return and exchange hoop, so I just ordered a large hoping that will fit or will at least be modifiable to fit.

Sean

I feel the same way. My TNG Star Trek pants and Tunic in Large fit me perfectly. The JJ Trek pants large were massive on me and the undershirt large was like a baby shirt.
My Han Bespin outfit Large the pants were too big but the tops were perfect.
Its hit or miss with their sizes and they usually dont have the one you need when you get the one you ordered.

The seasons are aligned with the solstices and equinoxes. Despite where those fall as far as day length, because of climatic lag, those are regarded by the mainstream as the "first" days of those respective seasons. So Winter 2017 started on December 21st, the Winter Solstice. Spring 2018 started on March 21st, the Vernal Equinox, or close enough (some years it's the 20th). Etc.

My belt arrived. I too bought a small, and think I should have gotten a medium now. Doesn’t matter much because mine came without a belt buckle and I can’t try it in anyway. :facepalm

Going to to get a ticket in for a buckle and see if I can buy just a medium belt, no pouches also.

My belt arrived. I too bought a small, and think I should have gotten a medium now. Doesn’t matter much because mine came without a belt buckle and I can’t try it in anyway. :facepalm

Going to to get a ticket in for a buckle and see if I can buy just a medium belt, no pouches also.

Luke or Solo belt??

Just to throw this out there in regard to the Belt rig sizing...

Luke Bespin - Luke wears his on his waist.
Han Bespin - Han wears his on his hips (he has a pant belt that he wears on his waist.)

Wouldn't this play a factor and Han's Belt Rig would be a larger size than Luke's Belt Rig?

yes! I did take this into account and thought the medium Solo rig would be golden, it is huge at the hips even on the smallest setting. However, wearing it at the hips, means modifying the holster itself, which is not adjustable. I had to bring the holster up an inch in the front and back. Bottom line, a good leather guy can really fit this thing to you. Once I modified the fit with some extra snaps on the back and brought the holster up and inch. It passed RL standards. Also, I can now adjust the holster and make it bigger for an xwing pilot or Hoth coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Great! Im excited to get mine.

General question for anyone really. I have a MR luke ESB blaster... its quite heavy... would these holsters hold that without tearing or is it better to use a resin or 3D printed blaster?

My Han Hoth DL44 fits nicely and the holster supports the weight just fine, after a proper fitting modification.

My Skywalker Bespin rig just arrived...

The leather is fantastic! Great color and weight! All the pouches seem well manufactured.

But the sizing! :facepalm I ordered a small as my Solo rig in medium was too big. The Skywalker small is entirely too small for me. I can barely get the belt wrapped around my waist. And even with the belt and buckle closed, the lightsaber clip ends up being way too far off to the point where it’s almost along the side of my hip.

Such a shame, as the piece seems really great overall...just wish they’d be more consistent in their sizing.

I just checked Anovos’s website, and it appears they only have large left, so I’ll give that a go.

If anyone is interested in a small, PM me...

Sean

Heads up...

if you're still interested, the medium is back in stock

Last edited:
ANYONE WHO GOT THE OT STORMTROOPER ARMOR KIT --

I'd like to know what you paid for shipping. PM if you'd prefer. Had a few people asking what shipping will be for the FOTK armor kit, and I figure it'll be in the vicinity of the earlier offering.

Okay,

Got my Luke ESB belt rig and I am very happy with it. The color is great and quality it what I'd expect for Anovos. Kudos where due!

I was surprised everything was all in separate bags ... and not in a Star Wars box... just an insert. But not too sad about that really

LS ESB Belt box.png

So I put it all together easily.. the square pouches where tougher to get on but not that bad.

LS ESB belt display.png

So i did make a rookie mistake... I thought the snaps that hold the actual belt buckle would be super tough to snap together so I pressed way too hard with my palm and put a nice new crease in my belt... I only "cracked" that top layer of color/weathering... just need to be aware of that and be real nice to it. Luckily no one will ever really see that. If there are any tricks to take good care of that or mitigate future issues please let me know.

LS ESB belt OOPs.png

So Medium is just right for me.... Im able to use the 3rd hole on the belt. Just for comparison I'm a waste 33-34 for bluejeans. The second hole would be just a touch loose but I could wear it with a good wild west slant. The holster leg strap is pretty good too, plenty of room for me. I will say that the D-ring clip seems a little far to the left so my lightsabre hangs right on my hip... but it doesn't bug me that much.

LS ESB Belt on.png

My MR Luke Skywalker ESB blaster (not worried about it being heavy... very sturdy) does fit in the holster but my strap does not go over the blaster grip to strap it in? Or does the strap go through the trigger area? That's not how those straps normally operate.. so I'm guessing that its just short. Again it doesn't bother me that much and its not likely I'll be walking around with it at any Cons .. so I can live with it..... and I just noticed I switched the order of two pouches ... oops.. I'll fix that later...

Overall very nice an I'm very happy with it. Just need to get the right boots to complete this costume!!! Again great job Anovos!!!

Attachments

• LS ESB belt OOPs.jpg
    LS ESB belt OOPs.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 65
Okay,

Got my Luke ESB belt rig and I am very happy with it. The color is great and quality it what I'd expect for Anovos. Kudos where due!

I was surprised everything was all in separate bags ... and not in a Star Wars box... just an insert. But not too sad about that really

View attachment 806969

So I put it all together easily.. the square pouches where tougher to get on but not that bad.

View attachment 806970

So i did make a rookie mistake... I thought the snaps that hold the actual belt buckle would be super tough to snap together so I pressed way too hard with my palm and put a nice new crease in my belt... I only "cracked" that top layer of color/weathering... just need to be aware of that and be real nice to it. Luckily no one will ever really see that. If there are any tricks to take good care of that or mitigate future issues please let me know.

View attachment 806972

So Medium is just right for me.... Im able to use the 3rd hole on the belt. Just for comparison I'm a waste 33-34 for bluejeans. The second hole would be just a touch loose but I could wear it with a good wild west slant. The holster leg strap is pretty good too, plenty of room for me. I will say that the D-ring clip seems a little far to the left so my lightsabre hangs right on my hip... but it doesn't bug me that much.

View attachment 806976

My MR Luke Skywalker ESB blaster (not worried about it being heavy... very sturdy) does fit in the holster but my strap does not go over the blaster grip to strap it in? Or does the strap go through the trigger area? That's not how those straps normally operate.. so I'm guessing that its just short. Again it doesn't bother me that much and its not likely I'll be walking around with it at any Cons .. so I can live with it..... and I just noticed I switched the order of two pouches ... oops.. I'll fix that later...

Overall very nice an I'm very happy with it. Just need to get the right boots to complete this costume!!! Again great job Anovos!!!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

What size costume do you have?

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

What size costume do you have?

So i got Large jacket , Large pants. The pants are perfect for me.

The jacket is loose around the torso/waist. Full disclosure, for the photo i used a binder clip in the back to make the jacket look more fitted for the picture... I could take it in just a bit, but i personally don't like tight fitting jackets. I needed large for the arm length.

EDIT: To clarify, the chest and shoulders of jacket fit me very well in large, its just the waist area that is big.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back