New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Thanks again for offering these, Dan. The design revisions look great. And congrats on your engagement!

Can someone tell me which finish on Roman's clamp replica is the most accurate to a vintage clamp? Is it the "bright satin" or the "matte"? My guess is matte but I just wanna be sure.

Thanks again for offering these, Dan. The design revisions look great. And congrats on your engagement!

Can someone tell me which finish on Roman's clamp replica is the most accurate to a vintage clamp? Is it the "bright satin" or the "matte"?
My guess is matte but I just wanna be sure.

excellent question!! im dying to know everyones opinion as well

Hey Jedi Reali ! You just gave me deja-vu! I just answered this for brthegreat117 in his thread asking this same question...

"I believe the answer is Roman's Summer 2016 Limited Edition Clamp Run where the G and the X landed in the Original Clamp's alignment. ;)

Since I'm pretty sure those are all gone, I'd go with one of the current Bright Satins!

I know he's mentioned that that L.E. Clamp Run machine shop has made other parts for him since, I just don't have the particulars stored in my memory as to what parts those were/are."

I'll add that you might get lucky if you pick up a Roman's Obi-Wan Mk1 Machined FX, as mine came with that L.E. Run Clamp back in 2016. :D Of course I don't know if Roman compiles all the parts for the hilt kits and has them ready to go, or if he grabs this part and that part and all the other parts necessary to make a kit from separate part bins once the order for a particular kit comes in.

Anywho, the finish is a wee little more polished/ more highly chromed than on my ORIGINAL GRAFLEXes but I like it just fine. If there was a way to Scotch Brite it ever so lightly in perfectly parallel strokes, you could make it look very much like an ORIGINAL CLAMP I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all you guys and gals finish these off once you get them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll go on the prowl for a vintage clamp for this one. Or maybe I'll get a Roman's clamp for my Vintage TFA build since I have Roy's clamp cover on the way and toss the vintage on to the V2..... [emoji848]

Last edited:
Posted in the other project run thread but Im so down for 1! Just nabbed one of roman's Balance V4s so I'm basically starting a thin neck collection haha.

Congrats on the engagement! I'm 3 years into marriage and it has been full of challenges, joy, struggle, and bliss... but the best part is having a partner who loves, respects, and shares the journey. Life with a true companion is so much less lonely!... just remember that you're in it for each other. Love your spouse with an open and merciful heart and even the bad times will slide right on by! ;)

Lightsaber!!!!
Quick question, on the 2nd choke right above the grenade section it seems like there might be a very small lip which to my eye has been excluded on the model. Is this intentional? I ask as I don't know if this was addressed... or maybe it's just a scratch or something.
I work in a high end metal/blacksmith shop where the guys call me laser eyes so I hone in on this stuff::
Literally everything else is awesome and right on par; and I have no doubts this will come out great as long as the machine shop is capable of matching their source material!

View attachment 787569

Quick question, on the 2nd choke right above the grenade section it seems like there might be a very small lip which to my eye has been excluded on the model. Is this intentional? I ask as I don't know if this was addressed... or maybe it's just a scratch or something.
I work in a high end metal/blacksmith shop where the guys call me laser eyes so I hone in on this stuff::
Literally everything else is awesome and right on par; and I have no doubts this will come out great as long as the machine shop is capable of matching their source material!

View attachment 787569

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're indicating

he posted a picture in the sign-up thread, and I think he is seeing a nick in the paint right above the grenade body. Not another ridge, i'm 99% sure.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're indicating

Here: just making sure this ISNT a thing...see the red?... sorry i know it's small my computer is dead so my phone is the only thing i can use to try to edit and ask about this contouring / lighting condition

v2 edit.jpeg

Congratulations on the engagement! Hope you guys have/had a great time on vacation!
Love the new details in the saber, it’s super exciting to see the first ultra-accurate v2 fx!
Question: is it possible to order just the knurled mystery chunk?

Awesome trent! Thanks for doing this for all of us! It wouldn’t be a complete V2 run with out ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back