ALIEN COVENANT Design, Costumes and found objects

TheMechanic

Did you dye your Ledward tunic? I've located what looks to be the correct(ish) smock, but it looks very white?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, the Ledward jacket is olive green nylon German army quilted parka liner.
000.jpg

My new and improved GoPro housing. I built the HDMI cable connector from scratch using a block of PVC. I installed a real camera lens to make it look like a functioning camera and added the gold circuitry. I think it looks much better now.

IMG_5473.JPG
IMG_5491.JPG
IMG_5488.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5487.JPG

I don't know if this has been commented on elsewhere, but the science crew seem to be wearing two belts, with the ejection seat variant below a more standard quick release web belt.
Oram appears to lose his after the explosion of the lander.

29zbkg3.jpg

ipm4qt.jpg

View attachment 742302?

View attachment 742303

made some more progress on the solar panel. the geometry is basically done i just need some input on what type of hinge we want to do. right now it is modeled from a pin to go through the two like a door hinge. The other would be some sort of snap in hinge.
@Isaac064 also mentioned about making it two parts that a glass type piece would sit in between the two pieces, is everyone cool with that or have any other preferences?
I'm pretty flexible on the design so i'm just looking for people's opinions and feedback

Any new developments on this? I can help with size references since I have the same backpack Daniels uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheMechanic:

Just worked this up as a rough proof of concept - final version wouldn't have scan lines and and bodged together paintjob, and, of course would be three sections. Laser cut and engraved acrylic sheet. If you can give me approx length x width x thickness of the entire unit, in millimetres, I think I can put a prototype together fairly quickly.

28mjn07.jpg

I should be avle to do these too:

97lhqh.jpg

Multiple layers of lasered HIPS with a silver/black composite engrave for the centre (assuming it's not white/black?). It would need a sculpted and solid cast bottom level to get the necessary curve,a securable power pack and switch for the led on the left hand and some way of attaching to the strap, dunno if velcro would be strong enough? Again, I would need dimensions that correspond with the webbing. Definateley do-able, though.

Okay the shoulder strap units are about 6 X 8 cm and have slots to fit the 1.5 inch webbing through. 1.5 inch webbing translates to 3.8 cm.

The shoulder strap pieces have a visible power cord running into them as seen in your picture so it could have a switch and battery pack at the end of that cord.

The strap units are in fact white and black.

The 3 part folding solar array is approximately 32.2 cm in total length. The middle section being 15.2 cm and the end pieces being about 7.6 cm.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back