ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

It's a neat helmet, but the big thing that bugs me is: The nonsensical (or NONFUNCTIONAL) visor or blast shield on the top.

Really wish this would pivot down in front of the face, as it is clearly shaped to do so, but I have never seen any photos depicting that.

Not blaming Anovos for this, as the actual movie prop doesn't appear to be able to do it either. Just more JJ Abrams flair that has no logical function.

It's a neat helmet, but the big thing that bugs me is: The nonsensical (or NONFUNCTIONAL) visor or blast shield on the top.

Really wish this would pivot down in front of the face, as it is clearly shaped to do so, but I have never seen any photos depicting that.

Not blaming Anovos for this, as the actual movie prop doesn't appear to be able to do it either. Just more JJ Abrams flair that has no logical function.

Yes, it is true that it seems like it should pivot down. I actually gave it a little nudge to see if it would move but it does not. Form over function.

The helmet is slick and beautiful. The shape is so unique that I'm mesmerized by it. It has nice weight, being fiberglass, and reminds me of a futuristic motorcycle helmet. The quality of construction seems superb. I wish it were easier to take photos but black doesn't show up very well without bouncing white into it. I'll probably try to take more photos later in the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! I am thinking this helmet is solid just like the Death Trooper! Can't wait to get it in my hands. I love the design as well.

An opaque face shield seems like a terrible idea for a "pilot" helmet :lol

I think I saw someone post pics describing that piece as some sort of "sensor array," though. Can't find it at the moment. Search Google for "F-35 helmet" and you'll see the real world basis for the design though :) Pretty slick looking lid.

That's just a killer for me. Won't order anything over 2-months lead time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like this idea in theory, but in my experience it would limit my purchasing options to... well, just about nothing. Really unfortunate.

If anyone has any tips for how to expedite an exchange I would love to hear them. I received the wrong size officer uniform, and customer service has told me its out of their hands and I need wait to hear from the fulfillment center. Its been about 3 weeks now. Customer service can't even verify they have stock to do an exchange. I PM'ed Joe but I haven't heard back.

If anyone has any tips for how to expedite an exchange I would love to hear them. I received the wrong size officer uniform, and customer service has told me its out of their hands and I need wait to hear from the fulfillment center. Its been about 3 weeks now. Customer service can't even verify they have stock to do an exchange. I PM'ed Joe but I haven't heard back.

I'm in the same situation, the chat agent told me to expect an email about exchanging it and I'm wondering how the process works and a general time frame to expect.

I do have the full suit, and YES it has a zipper under the code piece. The suit looks very good, but it's far from perfect. My biggest complaints are associated with how the cape attaches to the shoulder pads, and how the shoulder pad is missing the hook for the cape's chain. The body suit is great and fits really well, and in public the costume looks spot on. The helmet is perfect and with the welding helmet harness to hold it in place it's very comfy. The straps for the chest box, (in my case) were put on backwards and I had to switch two of them to make it work, and I added an extra strap near the top of the shoulders to keep it in place. Overall a great suit, but a little pricey for what it is.

Vader.jpgIMG_4901.JPG

I think the hook on the chest armor is probably missing because it's only found on the ROTJ suit, and the Anovos is a sort of blend of different movies but skews more towards ESB (at least this is my understanding.)

My AT-AT Driver helmet arrived today! :love
I was able to open, & inspect it for damage (there was non, thank God), take photo, & hit the road.
It's VERY light weight, but maaann does it look awesome! I can't see trooping in it, however, because your vision out of those lenses is gawd awful. But, from what I've read, so were the ones used in filming.
2017-01-19 21.57.34.jpg

I miss it already. I'll see it again next week.

Attachments

• 20170119_120321.jpg
    20170119_120321.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
Can someone that has had a "ticket" with anovos give me an idea on how long it takes them to respond? I got the feeling it would be hours from my live chat but it has been days with no response.

Received my AT-AT driver helmet yesterday and it looks awesome!!! Now only waiting for Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper, and I hope we get an Imperial Gunner later on.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

How is the weight of the Vader Helmet? I just received my Stormtrooper ABS helmet and was a bit underwhelmed. I know the Vader is made of fiberglass and is part of the "premier" line so wanted to see if it was more "weighty"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back