EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Thanks for the comparison pics Clutch They really do show what a strange and wonderful thing we have here.

Almost cant believe that I’m saying this but this is the best thing that efx have ever done.
Its not perfect, but that is absolutely necessary because the anh Vader lid is the holy grail of film props. I mean that.

A perfect replica should not be this easy, ever.
Like the esb Fett lid it needs a lot of research, a lot of time, or if you are lucky enough, money.
Don’t get me wrong, I think a true authentic cast is worth every penny and I will own one.

Look at the comp pics... my pcr cost £319 inc postage from fleabay.
You want a perfect replica? good luck, while I’m saving for a true authentic cast... this is just great.
Man I’m going to love fixing the problems on this.
We need to work out how to get those side tubes of cleanly and any paint advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sidetubes are attached with metalparts..never seen this before:

26475821np.jpg

I´m a little bit scary to cut them away...not that the complete helmets breaks.:unsure

Guys are bitching on the other forum how they got Vader's helmet wrong and that his head is too big orwider.jpg shoulders too narrow, I know they used Spencer Wilding, a 6'7" built guy similar to Prowse used to be. They say the head is too big for the shoulders, but I am not seeing much of a differnce with the Empire Strikes Back shots I used to compare. I know this is supposed to be more like the A New Hope helmet, but I don't recall any shots in ANH where Vader was seen from the back that still and close up.

Last edited:
Just recieved my standard edition helmet, great helmet, didn't expect it to be so big.
Some adviece.. be really carefull when you unbox it, the helmet is held together with two clear plastic forms, I was only holding one side when trying to get it out of the box which caused the back half to fall out and the helmet falling on the ground...:facepalm the part on the right where the two side tubes meet is cracked, managed to glue it together, but you can still see it from close.. . it's my first star wars helmet so forgive me for this stupid mistake, is there anyway i can fill up the small crack?

Go to home Depot and get some of the dark plumber's putty. It's a two part putty that sets up quick. Or order some Aves or Magic Sculp online. Then touch up with paint.

thanks! okay, may have overreacted about it being a "crack" guess i was shocked by letting a new helmet fall out of the box...
i think a paintjob of the tube should let the scar disappear, or even a slight stroke with a brush?

also there are some weird spots on the dome. dont't think that could be from the fall?
Screenshot_2016-08-12-14-57-20.pngScreenshot_2016-08-12-14-57-09.pngScreenshot_2016-08-12-14-57-02.pngScreenshot_2016-08-12-14-56-50.png

thanks! okay, may have overreacted about it being a "crack" guess i was shocked by letting a new helmet fall out of the box...
i think a paintjob of the tube should let the scar disappear, or even a slight stroke with a brush?

also there are some weird spots on the dome. dont't think that could be from the fall?
View attachment 653827View attachment 653828View attachment 653829View attachment 653830

Depending on how far you want to take it, you could using something like this, acryl glazing putty.

http://3mcollision.com/products/fillers-and-glaze/putty/3m-acryl-red-glazing-putty-05098.html

I say this due to how "fine" you'd need to fill it.

If you paint over it and it is indeed a full blown crack, then flexing or movement (even temperature) could re-expose a crack, assuming the paint even did a decent job of covering it.

To be honest, it's a lot of work for something that small to cover up as you'd more than likely need to repaint most, if not all of the helmet due to trying to get the colors to match, so not sure if it's really entirely worth the effort.

View attachment 653827View attachment 653828View attachment 653829View attachment 653830

The putty would be overkill in this case. I don't think I would mess with it because you're gonna have to get matching paint, etc... Mine had spots on the dome as well. I think they all do. It was almost like a grease on mine. I just polished them away with a microfiber cloth. I don't believe the helmet is painted. If cloth alone doesn't work, try some Novus #2.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back