thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Im going to accept the discount and wait fir the suit. I bought this suit back in June with the preorder discounted price of 2,400. If i decide to buy this suit again, it'll be more than what i paid for like around $3,000

Man, I've been keeping up with this thread since it started and I feel like I'm watching a soap opera or reading a thriller book. All these up's and down's, twists and curves. I hope everybody who's waiting for their suits gets them in even better quality then expected. They really should update their site with the delays they're having so no-one else orders thinking they'll get a suit within the posted time frame or at least put a disclaimer like "DELIVERY DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE........OFTEN" Good luck to you all.

Yes, same video from page one. That's all that exists right now... :(

Sorry to disappoint you but I used to own that suit and its not one of them, the helmet was completely closed, and it was a foam costume I had to completed the boots I will post pictures later, I sold that suit a year ago

This is me on the suit on the youtube video... Not a new mark 43 from these guys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 486
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 378
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 393
Hi guys,

Yes it looks as we have all missed out on Halloween. I believe that they have bitten a lot more than they can chew. As I have posted previously, I have spoken with a gent that has purchased and received a Mark 4 with Mark 6 chest and is currently using his suit for his business in Australia. There is another thread on here with another buyer who has also purchased and published pics of the Mark 4. As I get updates, I will post to keep you informed. As Chaz said, there are a few of us in touch via email keeping each other informed with our order progress.

Here is the link to the other thread http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237151

Hi Angelhabid,

You claim this is your 'foam' suit on the posted video, but it clearly says in the description: my ironman suit from buyfullbodyarmors. You also say you sold it a year ago, and the video was posted September this year? There is definitely some confusion and/or misleading going on.

This is the ebay item number of the armor when i purchased a year ago, its inactive but regardless here it is for your reference 131324713146

And for the confusion...the answer is Easy, the video you have from this year is a Repost of this video the seller show me when I bought the armor last year. www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaV2Qr3psCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
Just to let all the people waiting for their suits know, I contacted James to tell them I want to put some advertising out for end of November/start of December and wanted to be sure the suit will be here for then, he replied that my suit would arrive by 25th November. So the date has changed again.

I have bought several suits from this vendor and I am very aware of the trials and tribulations of dealing with these guys. I have purchased the Mark 42 (now listed as obsolete on their website) which I received in July of 2014, the Mark 6 (which I received in December of 2014) and War Machine (which was received in July of 2015).

Let me say this about these guys: they are awful (underline awful) at customer service and project management. While they appear to have some sort of a production process in place, it is largely ad hoc and based on a mainland China customer service model (over promise, under deliver). Emails are generally ignored and when you do receive a message it usually starts with a "sorry, we are so busy".

So if you want to see the armours I have, I can be found at Brampton Iron Man on Instagram or Facebook. They are all there. I have also bought armors from other artists and can certainly comment on those as well (e.g. Heartbreaker).

I will write more on the suits later as I have lots to say on their durability, finish, but mostly electronics. To be blunt, their electronics stink - I have replaced every inch of wire and switch and LEDs in my suits as the company uses very substandard components, switches and connectors. They also use batteries that are relatively unknown in North America (and for good reason).

If you have specific questions, please ask.

Murphy1969

Yes. He is excellent both in terms of quality of build as well as the electronics. I will warn you though, he is slow and the deadlines will slip from what was promised. It is, however, worth the wait. A much better product.

Guys..
Just this morning I received a response from james, again my date was pushed back to the 15th of November. This made the 5th time it was changed. I emailed him back with a very stern message that if he couldn't deliver by November 13th I'm starting the refund process. I've already paid the $3,876.00 and still waiting for delivery. I put my order in July 28th, no more waiting. I was sent the same pictures that some other members posted so now I'm very concerned that I've been scammed. I have a friend who has a mark 6 from them and he said it took him around 4 months for the whole build/delivery process. I email James at least twice a week and I pretty much get no direct answers just "we are working very hard" or "we will try to deliver to you earlier ". I'm pretty much done with the excuses. If anyone has any links to a good builder for these suits please pass it my way.

Ive been following this post and again like others have said it seems like a soap opera.

I see they've "offered" refunds and no one has taken them up on it.

I just hope that they will actually GIVE you the refund because if im not mistaken Paypal will not open a claim over 90days after a payment was made.

But then again you do have email proof the product was never delivered

EDIT:

The time to contest a transaction with Paypal is 180 days firm

EDIT:

The time to contest a transaction with Paypal is 180 days firm

Pay attention to the fine print - Paypal will not side in favour with the buyer on any items they consider "custom made". I lost out on this recently. I asked a rep to confirm if that would mean any items handmade and they told me yes. Not sure if that will apply in these situations, but there is the chance that you may be SOL unless you paid with a credit card and can do a charge back.

Pay attention to the fine print - Paypal will not side in favour with the buyer on any items they consider "custom made". I lost out on this recently. I asked a rep to confirm if that would mean any items handmade and they told me yes. Not sure if that will apply in these situations, but there is the chance that you may be SOL unless you paid with a credit card and can do a charge back.

Thats why I think they keep "pushing back"the date the further and further they push it back the less likely paypal will do anything

I hope in everyone's case this ends well..

TJACK everything of Making suits you have a good Canadian reputation:D :D :D :D

Gentlemen,

I understand everybody is probably quite anxious and nervous. This is quite common when it comes to ordering things online of substantial worth and value. It is also incredibly frustrating when you were excited about the delivery and it keeps getting put off.

Please do not panic. While this company is certainly delayed and poorly managed, they will ultimately send you a suit. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have received three suits from this company.

I will say I would in no way recommend this company to anybody who is considering buying a full body armor as there are better vendors on the market for more reliable create a better build. With that said, I don't want you all panicking and worrying that your money is lost. Based on my experience, it will come through albeit very slowly.

Hi guys,

I would have to agree with Murphy here, I am also one of the purchasers who has been delayed time and time again but still have faith that the product will be delivered. I have spoken with owners of the Mark 4 with Mark 6 chest armours. There has been electrical issues in past which I believe are being addressed with new suit, hence the delays. They have been offering refunds and as far as I know have paid back monies to buyers who have accepted the refund. I think this has been a positive.

Electrical issues are rampant in the new suits as well. I acquired a war machine suit from them and it has yet to function correctly. Very glitchy. I've replaced most of the electrical in the suit sadly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back