1X1 scale facehugger vinyl model - Finished

I've just bought myself a Facehugger after waiting years before buying one {due to circumstances} & i'm looking round for painting guides.I'm more than happy to find yours. Well done,i hope my Facehugger can match your excellent work.

Hi rolingthunder

Thank you so much for your kind words. Glad to know my facehugger is a ref. Thank you.
Pls post your work and let me know (in case I miss it)
Good luck on your work

Looks great.

When I was a teenager I made a facehugger out of wire, plastercine, and then covered it with latex, it was posable, but weighed a ton.

Thank you

Looks good! I have one of these I need to build myself.I like to see different approaches to the builds. It gives me different ideas. Thanks for the detailed pics!

A few months late but here's pics of my facehugger (I went pretty light on the color). I recently got an airbrush so I'll most likely repaint the whole thing.

Wow! Glad my kit was of help to you (you leave me without words with your kind comments)
For an easier assembly I submerged the pieces in warm water and worked out good. I also only used brush (no airbrush). Post a pic of your fh
Thank you

Thank you for your comments. I only built this recast and found a "normal" level of difficulty for a vinyl kit (I built Harryhausen's Medusa before this one)

Hi there

Great paint job. Love what you did with the nails. Very good. I see that you got the exact paint mixture for the mouth as I did. Nice job, mate
If I were you I'd leave it as it is. Thanks for posting and congrats on the job.

Thanks! I have mine displayed like it's climbing up the wall. I wanted it facing the other way but the wife said "hell no..." hehe.

Hi there

Great paint job. Love what you did with the nails. Very good. I see that you got the exact paint mixture for the mouth as I did. Nice job, mate
If I were you I'd leave it as it is. Thanks for posting and congrats on the job.

I put one of these together about 15 years ago. I've since sold it but I filled mine with pieces of soft foam and ran a metal rod, mounted to a heavy wood base, up through the tail and into the body. It looked as though it was leaping from the ground at your face. It was a beautiful display. After seeing this, I'm seriously considering making another.

I put one of these together about 15 years ago. I've since sold it but I filled mine with pieces of soft foam and ran a metal rod, mounted to a heavy wood base, up through the tail and into the body. It looked as though it was leaping from the ground at your face. It was a beautiful display. After seeing this, I'm seriously considering making another.

Too bad you sold it. From your description it really looks like a great display. Think you definitely should built another one ;)
Any pics of your display?

Hi everyone. I was wondering what are your suggestions on molding the original (which was “movie classics” I believe)? I have an original copy I man handled from a friend and I've been wanting to recast it, for myself. I was thinking of plugging the sockets and building walls and just casting from the model. Unless there are other methods?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back