Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

20150201_203636.jpg
Okay so this is probably the incorrect shape then, isn't it?

You can usually find the Wald 898 handlebars on Amazon for less than $20.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, I wasn't expecting there to be a part of the bike that was both easy to find and affordable.

I'm guessing had we built our bikes 25 years ago, it would have been more affordable, but more difficult to find the stuff without having the internet.

Use Duplicolor automotive clearcoat. I recommend giving the red a light sand with really fine sandpaper before. Also use the clear coat on your tiger siren once you have it painted with the acrylic paint.
Should I wet sand the red or is that only more of something for the clear coat?

Been a while since I checked in, but glad to see everyone is making progress. I'm actually in the disassembly stage on several parts of the bikes, so they look less finished than ever. In the meantime, I hit 10 bikes I'm working on total, favorite at the moment being my latest Higgins Colorflow project. In the meantime, this arrived today:
Francis Buxton poster.jpg

http://store.okpants.com/product/pee-wee-s-big-adventure

Freakin' awesome poster by OKPants. For the perfectionists, it is not an "accurate" bike, but it sure is stylish. Going to get it framed & put in the room with the X1 & X2 bikes. Love it!

Been a while since I checked in, but glad to see everyone is making progress. I'm actually in the disassembly stage on several parts of the bikes, so they look less finished than ever. In the meantime, I hit 10 bikes I'm working on total, favorite at the moment being my latest Higgins Colorflow project. In the meantime, this arrived today:
View attachment 434341

http://store.okpants.com/product/pee-wee-s-big-adventure

Freakin' awesome poster by OKPants. For the perfectionists, it is not an "accurate" bike, but it sure is stylish. Going to get it framed & put in the room with the X1 & X2 bikes. Love it!
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that bike was based off of this replica:
3227223652_6f7f17e6d8_b.jpg

Mine are also pinstripe tape. Super easy to work with and cheap too! I got some at the local auto store for I think no more than 5 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yup, if you don't have super steady hands, use pinstripe tape. I used it on everything. I'm currently in the process of installing a new fork on my bike, but I lost one of my steering tube bearings so I have to find it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back