Knight Rider "Comedic" movie reboot

This is a radically different direction from Hasselhoff’s proposed Knight Rider movie that he discussed with director Robert Rodriguez. The actor had a dark, Logan-inspired drama in mind, which is about as far as one can get from the meta humor antics of something like 21 Jump Street.

That would be the way to go. I'd certainly enjoy it. Sadly, we'll probably get the Cena/Hart incarnation :cry

This blows. hope that the Hoff is able to get his version done. There's no reason why we can't have two Knight Rider movies. They did it Sean Connery and Roger Moore with James Bond. Probably not, though....

This blows. hope that the Hoff is able to get his version done. There's no reason why we can't have two Knight Rider movies. They did it Sean Connery and Roger Moore with James Bond. Probably not, though....

Do you remember of the remake (tv show) in 2008 with a ford mustang (aka Kitt)
This remake was awful. :lol

OMG I read : "David Hasselhoff want to make his movie just like Logan."
"He's interested by..........Robert Rodriguez" OMFG :lol

Do you remember of the remake (tv show) in 2008 with a ford mustang (aka Kitt)
This remake was awful. :lol

OMG I read : "David Hasselhoff want to make his movie just like Logan."
"He's interested by..........Robert Rodriguez" OMFG :lol

:lol all I can picture when thinking of this is that classic 80's Knight Rider episode where Michael Knight squares off against evil Michael Knight with the goatee.
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2014/06/goliath.jpg

I may have early dementia, but was vintage Knight Rider considered a serious series?

"Knight Rider: Knight Strike (#3.21)" (1985)
Martha: I think I got whiplash!
K.I.T.T.: Whiplash, my C.P.U.
Edgar: Hey hey, hey! What's that? You calling my wife names?

I may have early dementia, but was vintage Knight Rider considered a serious series?

"Knight Rider: Knight Strike (#3.21)" (1985)
Martha: I think I got whiplash!
K.I.T.T.: Whiplash, my C.P.U.
Edgar: Hey hey, hey! What's that? You calling my wife names?

It was action adventure Sci Fi with a touch of the Hoff's shlock and a wink from KITT.
I get the nostalgia cheese factor too but it was no sitcom.

I was 13, so I enjoyed the show & loved K.I.T.T.. It has been ages, so I am feeling the need to binge watch it. The show was entertaining & suspenseful and looking back on it, it had something visually for everyone. Probably the product of a ton of focus groups. I'm also good with 80's cheese.

Knight Rider "Comedic" movie reboot

Knight Rider was an action adventure show with some comedic moments. However, Hollywood takes stuff like that and turn it into full-on comedies that are pretty much insults to fans. I hope Knight Rider doesn't suffer the same fate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd prefer that to a "serious" version.

Any movie length story where one of the main characters IS a car, is gonna be hard to make an interesting "buddy cop" movie out of, unless they extend "kitt" to being essentially a full suite of spy gear run by a "sidekick" AI that's networked into all his equipment, satellites, etc, which includes super car.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back