3D printed helmet plaster mold

Hi, How can I make a plaster or some kind of mold from a 3d printed shoretrooper helmet for vacuum forming.
Well you'd need to make a mold then use that mold to make a plug to bad form over. The catch being that vac form plug need certain qualities..for example you need to be able to remove the plug from the formed shape so overhangs aren't possible.....

First thing you'd need is permission to make the mold from the person that created the 3d model if that isn't you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well you'd need to make a mold then use that mold to make a plug to bad form over. The catch being that vac form plug need certain qualities..for example you need to be able to remove the plug from the formed shape so overhangs aren't possible.....

First thing you'd need is permission to make the mold from the person that created the 3d model if that isn't you.

http://shoretrooper.co.uk/ He says that he gives permission to use his models to produce good copies.

But I still don't know how to make the buck out of it.

Well it'd need to be in parts. You won't make a buck of an entire lid in one piece.

Once you've figured out how to split it into parts mold.each one separately....probably.in silicone.

Once you have the silicone molds cast in something that can take some heat and that gives you the buck.

If you want to mold and cast the full helmet, all in one piece it will be difficult but can be done. Your best bet would be a two-part mold. Look up how to do one on YouTube. I know punished props did a good tutorial. The silicone mold will also allow you to make multiple resin copies for yourself.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but the helmet has a lot of small details and sharp edges to be copied well using vacuum forming and you'd still need to break it down into separate parts (as others have already said).

I'd suggest rotacasting the helmet.

I'm no expert, but the helmet has a lot of small details and sharp edges to be copied well using vacuum forming and you'd still need to break it down into separate parts (as others have already said).

I'd suggest rotacasting the helmet.
Do you have a video or a thread that I can follow?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back