1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Geekation_GeekationNASAGOODLUCK.gif

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Last edited:
no actually, no changes to scale were made at all. Both models of mine are based on the full-scale props built for ANH and ESB, and it looks like abrams is replicating very closely. Same shape and size, the falcon about 86.5' long or so. The x-wing is around 40' long.

- - - Updated - - -

greenham common example.JPG

I scaled the photo match based on the google earth data, which imports to sketchup at 1:1 scale, and then imported my models of the falcon and x-wing, and they fit perfectly.

no actually, no changes to scale were made at all. Both models of mine are based on the full-scale props built for ANH and ESB, and it looks like abrams is replicating very closely. Same shape and size, the falcon about 86.5' long or so. The x-wing is around 40' long.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 375240

I scaled the photo match based on the google earth data, which imports to sketchup at 1:1 scale, and then imported my models of the falcon and x-wing, and they fit perfectly.
So this X is most likely the original design?

hard to say for sure seeing it only from the air, but it looks like it's very close, considering I threw in my x wing model (photomatched to shots of the full scale ANH X-wing prop by the way) and it fit like a dream, with no fiddling at all.

Pics just keep comin'... From http://www.starwars7news.com/ Note the tarps are off the X-Wings (and they are moved). One looks to be white, the other black. Large rectangle piece of plywood covering one of the two round work bays on the falcon's mandible in the first photo is removed.

VIIwingFlaconbase.jpg

I read elsewhere that "Black X-Wing's are in Wraith Squadron, their squadron leader is Wedge Antilles (the only pilot to survive two Death Star runs).". May be totally something different here though. We will see... It would be funny though if Dennis Lawson was BS-ing all along and will be in the film after all (though not holding my breath).

Last edited by a moderator:
photos seem to be the only definitive proof of anything (but even then) We'll know it when we see it! And I can't wait to see it! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back