Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

This is a deleted scene of Joi in the food court, which features her with a Charm Soju bottle. This is a readily available soju and not a fabricated brand.
IMG_4837.JPGIMG_4833.JPG

View attachment 793833View attachment 793834

Happier with the scale of this second build. Needs the pad and some details on the right but I think I'm nearly there

Good job, been looking for a real one myself! Based off a 9cm x 12 cm unlabeled plate holder for old cameras. a Linhof one was used for the BR2049 Prop display, but I'd love to find one of these.

I've worked on several labels and stickers the last view weeks. One of it has been the "printing" on the Evidence Bag.

Here is a pic of my final (replicated)design, On the left shown a test on smaller bag. On the right side the final design on
correct (what I believe) bag size.

Evidence Bag Large Vers.2_S.JPG

As I am not able to print on the bags I have "run" the vector file through my plotter and used white vinyl to apply it
to the bag. It will work or for display purposes. If you will handel the bag in real life, I am pretty sure the smaller letters will
drop off (especially the parts arround and below 1-2mm in size.

Got a 3 pack of the screen accurate plates coming in the mail any day now. Currently being held up in customs. Will post images when they arrive

Last edited:
Retired, my ass.

metaphysics.jpg

15cm x 15cm foilpaper.

Edit: I took a second shot at it, fun model. Squared off a sheet of A4, so that's 21cm x 21cm, regular cartridge paper. Had a hunch, and after folding it, I'm now reasonably sure this is the onscreen scale and media.

metaphysics2.jpg metaphysics3.jpg

Apologies again for my poor camera, avoid HTC products.

Last edited:
Retired, my ass.

View attachment 797265

15cm x 15cm foilpaper.

Edit: I took a second shot at it, fun model. Squared off a sheet of A4, so that's 21cm x 21cm, regular cartridge paper. Had a hunch, and after folding it, I'm now reasonably sure this is the onscreen scale and media.

View attachment 797283 View attachment 797284

Apologies again for my poor camera, avoid HTC products.
Retired my ass[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I've identified one of the vehicles used in the prequel Blade Runner 2048: Nowhere to Run. At 5:25 in the youtube video below, you will see a station wagon parked on the street with curtains drawn and a light on inside the vehicle. This is when a blade runner is reporting the sighting of Sapper on the pay phone. The basis for this vehicle is a Trabant 601Kombi. Year really doesn't matter as the Trabant was essentially unchanged from 1962-1991. This was an East German produced two-stroke vehicle and is still quite easy to spot in Germany and around eastern Europe today. Being filmed in Budapest, Trabants would not have been a rare vehicle for the production team to source, and are still quite affordable! I own two Trabants, but mine are the sedan, not the kombi. I'm a bit obsessed with these fun little cars and it's rare to have these two hobbies crossover. So rare that I had to share the discovery! Oh, it was also the car in Everything is Illuminated if anyone remembers that lovely film. I have not seen a Trabant in 2049 yet, but I'm still looking!

Trabant 601 Kombi:images.jpeg Trabant 601 limo (sedan)Unknown.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

whoops, here's the video

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what this is going to be... :)

IMG_1068.jpg

I researched this prop to death and realized that so far everybody has gotten the plate holder size and format wrong (including the replica on eBay that sold for over $700). This is what it needs to be:

mock-up correct 18x24 plate holder.jpg

Will post progress pics when I have time - the slide cover will need to be modified (aluminum plate instead of the plastic) and I need to add the aluminum cross bar and sheet holder tabs. Paint and graphics will come last. Wish me luck!

Guess what this is going to be... :)

View attachment 798213

I researched this prop to death and realized that so far everybody has gotten the plate holder size and format wrong (including the replica on eBay that sold for over $700). This is what it needs to be:

View attachment 798215

Will post progress pics when I have time - the slide cover will need to be modified (aluminum plate instead of the plastic) and I need to add the aluminum cross bar and sheet holder tabs. Paint and graphics will come last. Wish me luck!

Could you elaborate a bit on that research?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back