Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Well, here it is:

95C0603D-D8FD-4E0E-BE1D-F3E52947AD49.jpeg
DFD65CFD-7EFF-41C5-A72E-06985C3AB50E.jpeg

B74FBB02-2D0F-42AD-81A9-E3EE7093E635.jpeg
DFD123AD-7E2D-44EA-9C05-85E32E15ED9C.jpeg

57096CCF-9278-447D-81A9-91F8E877A7B2.jpeg
58311412-CE37-454F-A132-A3EC43CE6106.jpeg

Im still on the fence about this one. So if you’ve been wanting a finished blaster, keep your eyes open on the Junkyard.

Are you sure? Here’s an ad of the size options and the 13 x 18cm seems to be more inline to what’s shown on screen. Also, I actually own two of the 10.5 x16cm which confirms this thought of them being too small. The aluminum indentation notches are a key insight too. Only the smaller sizes have them. The one in the movie does not.
E52F5023-5001-4EE4-9BAF-703455B3A829.jpeg

You are on fire Replicant2, great work. Didnt the movie holster have a soft plastic tube around the spring though?

It was part of the original Safariland holster, yes, but as I scratch built this from what I already had I'll wait until I spot something suitable for the spring. For now I'm happy with the overall 'look'. I want to play a bit more with the straps though. Watching it again this evening there's definitely more I can do

- - - Updated - - -

This film has certainly sparked my building interest again. I used to make just models and scratch build them too but I'm really enjoying making props.

It was part of the original Safariland holster, yes, but as I scratch built this from what I already had I'll wait until I spot something suitable for the spring. For now I'm happy with the overall 'look'. I want to play a bit more with the straps though. Watching it again this evening there's definitely more I can do
Nice job with the holster.
It has a clear PVC tube around the spring to stop it damaging the gun frame. If you know anyone who has an oxygen mask or nebulizer the tubing used for those is about the right size.
Regarding the straps, the short strap that attaches to the bottom of the holster should be attached on the inside of the holster (the side against your body). The 1090 is made to be ambidextrous, so the holster frame has slots on both sides to allow the strap to be mounted on either.
Can I ask where you got the spring from? Reusing the one off my 1090 would mean drilling the rivets out, which I don't really want to do,

Nice job with the holster.
It has a clear PVC tube around the spring to stop it damaging the gun frame. If you know anyone who has an oxygen mask or nebulizer the tubing used for those is about the right size.
Regarding the straps, the short strap that attaches to the bottom of the holster should be attached on the inside of the holster (the side against your body). The 1090 is made to be ambidextrous, so the holster frame has slots on both sides to allow the strap to be mounted on either.
Can I ask where you got the spring from? Reusing the one off my 1090 would mean drilling the rivets out, which I don't really want to do,

It's a sink unblocker. Cost me £1.99. I just cut it and used trimmed screws (so they wouldn't damage the gun on the inside) to attach it.
i think it's probably bigger than the real thing. I'll look into the tubing. There's always the home brew department of my local supermarket. They will have tubing there.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the things I find most enjoyable about cosplay and now building some props is finding things I can repurpose. I look at things in a completely different way.

In progress stand:

03FDA66D-2820-4662-963E-F646E9779B04.jpeg

$12 metal strip from Home Depot (with plenty to spare), a couple bends and cuts, along with some filing and there you have it.

id like to cushion the ends so that’s what im finishing up.

I do like this blaster. Seems more industrial than Deckards. Given the choice if I was a Bladerunner I'd choose this over the old one.
By the way how did you do your grip?

D4F0EE5E-EB3F-4B5F-94BD-B02343E1569F.jpeg

All by hand with tamiya 3mm tape, cut every 3mm and layed on. Time consuming and tedious but gives the best results.

And im with you on the blaster Replicant2 I feel Deckard’s will always be more iconic.

However, I had a lot of fun working on the K blaster. Definitely a finished piece I was proud of

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know or have an approx measurement for the LED size of K's blaster? I'm going to use craft gems, I just need the correct size.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know or have an approx measurement for the LED size of K's blaster? I'm going to use craft gems, I just need the correct size.

Thanks in advance!
They are regular 3mm domed LEDs. On the example shown at SDCC (which seems to be one of the 'hero' versions) the domes had been sanded flat to the LED mounting clip and polished, but on the ones in the case in the Tested video the domes were still there. This would probably fit with the rumoured reliability problems and Propshop having to rush manufacture replacements during the shoot (which may also be why most of the engraved text isn't present on the ones in the Tested video).

They are regular 3mm domed LEDs. On the example shown at SDCC the domes had been sanded flat to the LED mounting clip and polished, but on the ones in the case in the Tested video the domes were still there. This would probably fit with the rumoured reliability problems and Propshop having to rush manufacture replacements during the shoot (which may also be why most of the engraving isn't present on the ones in the Tested video).

That's extremely helpful thank you! I shall wait for my model to arrive and see what I can do with it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back