Star Trek Discovery - Type III Phaser Rifle Build

Phil is using 3D studio max, and he already nailed the designing for 3d printing very well. We use an Original Prusa i3MK2S and a modified Anet A8 for printing.
The print looks so smooth since we alredy blasted it with filled and sanded it a little bit, to make sure we are able to see all the details and cover up any imperfections which maybe happened during the print.

But we are already very good in printing, prepping and painting our 3d models, which you can see in our other project. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=277252

Awesome! I got my start in high school with it back in the DOS days with 3D Studio for DOS 4. Not professionally though I just know enough to bork my boolean functions from time to time.

I don't have any concrete size info but your estimate seems very reasonable! It's not a huge prop. Another useful thing will be when the Anovos phasers are delivered. Since the type II and III were exhibited next to each other at SDCC and Vegas, once we know the length of the Anovos type II, that can be used to check scaling as well.

Apparently it is nine inches bang on.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back