Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

How different is the "black version" of this gun that comes in a box and not a bag?
Is it worth a lot more for some reason?
Thanks for any feedback.

The long awaited and nail bitting part (for me at least) is over. I’m talking ‘bout painting.

Here’s some finished shots minus the nonfunctional LEDs I still need to install. In advance I apologize for the lighting in some of the images.

Anyways, let’s get to the photo dump :thumbsup
ABFD929F-798E-4DBC-8819-C14B83CC26D6.jpeg
4EDA3F5B-E901-46B7-9CCB-DE589A3C021F.jpeg

FDD638A0-F258-4A1C-B21F-3EE5C5C4DCB7.jpeg
9CDF322A-AE76-44BE-B713-D40268F5D4BB.jpeg
512A453E-518A-483C-83C0-3290C773DE9C.jpeg

7DAA53D5-9602-4835-88C4-3967C8A27304.jpeg
B8EDF71F-1FE9-440E-B4FF-AB5E7E355CF6.jpeg

Painting is my worst area when it comes to things like this but I like the way this one came out.

Spent some time today removing one of the knobs and filling the hole in a very sloppy fashion.
IMG_7434.jpgIMG_7450.jpg

I also pulled out the water tube and plugged the hole in the back. Drilled a hole through the barrel for pouring the resin. I think I'm going to do that tomorrow.
IMG_7452.jpgIMG_7451.jpgIMG_7453.jpg

For those of you who have poured resin into the gun, are there any places it might come seeping through unexpectedly? Or is the interior all sealed up?

Test fit of my cast Tomen grips on the water gun:

rkwIxFb.jpg

They are a little wider and shorter than the standard cast grips, but the profile is thinner.
They also have sharper features and the bolt holes are cast into the design so they don't have to be drilled out.

Here is a side by side comparison:

e3qBDd3.jpg

@Neo-uk found it cheap on ebay, it's a 'tractor truck rifle pin badge' from the 1960's give it a search but he's only got 3 left, posts from the netherlands and only took a couple days to come to the uk but it's in fantastic condition and it's a beauty, I may mould and cold cast it so I have a couple laying around so I don't have to use the original, we'll see.

Thanks, I just bought the last one he had :D

Noice :thumbsup

I kind of wish I had done that with mine. The grips add some decent weight but a bit more would’ve been nice.

Watch out if you hollow the grips out, though.

Once that’s done the blaster becomes very flimsy. I’d imagine even more so with the added weight.

Noice :thumbsup

I kind of wish I had done that with mine. The grips add some decent weight but a bit more would’ve been nice.

Watch out if you hollow the grips out, though.

Once that’s done the blaster becomes very flimsy. I’d imagine even more so with the added weight.

Yeah I was afraid of that...I have Soulinertia's deluxe kit ordered so I'll be adding Darko's grip interior to mine. I think filling the gaps with Apoxie Sculpt might work to make it sturdy again?

Could hurt to try.

I noticed that when I would test fit the grips on the blaster it was solid and not as weak. Once the grips are off and there’s only that thin bit of plastic left, watch out :lol

Could hurt to try.

I noticed that when I would test fit the grips on the blaster it was solid and not as weak. Once the grips are off and there’s only that thin bit of plastic left, watch out :lol

Especially now that it's incredibly top-heavy, I'll need to be suuuper careful! Maybe I should have waited to fill the gun until after I'd filled the grips...Oh well

Especially now that it's incredibly top-heavy, I'll need to be suuuper careful! Maybe I should have waited to fill the gun until after I'd filled the grips...Oh well

It’s kind of a make-or-break situation, so when that’s in your head you’re extra diligent. That’s how I was thinking about it.

I suspect you’ll be alright :thumbsup

I believe that off white material in the checkered grooves on the grips (3rd photo) is a build up of residue from a buffing cream like Brasso

Yeah I was afraid of that...I have Soulinertia's deluxe kit ordered so I'll be adding Darko's grip interior to mine. I think filling the gaps with Apoxie Sculpt might work to make it sturdy again?
I cut down lead fishing weights and added them into the gaps and then fashioned a fairly good representation of the bulldog grip with apoxie round them in the cavity in the grip. Definitely offsets the weight in the barrel.

Thanks to sla73 I now have these fantastic grips! and a good 2 days to work on the blaster, ill be fitting the front end greeble and barrel, filling the blaster with sand for weight and prepping it for paint (lots of smoothing to do on the grip internals) I will also be adding little details like screws,leds and other fun stuff, stay tuned!.

View attachment 762528View attachment 762529

Also! for those asking about the grip internals and front greeble, here is the STL files. They are to scale and ready to print on your favorite printer, however the grip internals will need some trimming to get them to fit into the blaster grip as it was a pretty quick modelling job, but here you all go.

http://www.filedropper.com/blasterupgrades

Looking good Darko, have been out of action for a while
so did see this post!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back