Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

YEAH!!!
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

What a suprise, I open the thread to gush about IW trailer and read DC hate. Original :thumbsup

**** that was a nice little hype nugget. Was grinning like a loon.

I honestly think they could have just shown the new Avengers logo, the swelling Silvestri score at the end and I would be the exact same amount of hype. That's how ingrained that music is in my subconscious.

Spidey's suit doesn't look so great.

Once again, it seems pretty serious, pretty grandiose. I hope it is closer to TWS or CW as opposed to Ragnarok or Homecoming in tone. It should be, to be fair. Give these characters some gravitas!

It does look like Thanos is pretty unstoppable. Hobo-Cap is awesome. I literally just want to be him. Hope Tony presents him with the Shield when they kiss and make up.

The whole of Wakanda going to war in a pitched battle? Brilliant.

I am incredibly excited to see so many heroes on screen, but I'm also keeping my expectations measured because of the same fact. It's utterly impossible to stick to someones story centrally in this kind of ensemble and I think that means we will lose some personal connection to some of the characters from the actual restraint of screentime. I don't want our viewpoint to be Iron Mans, if I'm honest, but I'm not sure which way they would go with it. We need the "human" perspective on this whole thing.

I also feel like all of the costumes are just looking a little rote now too. I think this is a casualty of the episodic/many many hours of films leading up to it now. I know we don't need constant rejuventation but there seems to be a lack of quick distinction - a similar issue to the early X-Men films but obviously not quite that extreme. It must be difficult to keep that amount of stuff aligned in universe but different enough to be visually appealing.

The trailer does look good, but - and I'm sure I'm in the minority here - Age of Ultron and Civil War didn't do it for me.
I thought they were both cluttered and clunky and disjointed and crowded and confused.
I hope this one's better, but it looks even more cluttered and clunky and disjointed and crowded and confused than both of those combined.
I hope I'm wrong, because I never thought I'd see the day when 30 A-list actors got together to make a single superhero epic.

I definitely agree with you about ultron. Imo the only good parts about it are (some of) the characters. I felt like CW was well paced.

What a suprise, I open the thread to gush about IW trailer and read DC hate. Original :thumbsup

Yep, none of the dceu movies did it for me and I consider them to be wastes of characters (and my time (, but no need to beat on it constantly.

**** that was a nice little hype nugget. Was grinning like a loon.

I honestly think they could have just shown the new Avengers logo, the swelling Silvestri score at the end and I would be the exact same amount of hype. That's how ingrained that music is in my subconscious.

Spidey's suit doesn't look so great.

I think it looks pretty cool, but I wish they had decided to go all the way and have it be red and gold with the extra arms. But as long as it's just temporary I think it looks like a cool heavy duty suit.

Once again, it seems pretty serious, pretty grandiose. I hope it is closer to TWS or CW as opposed to Ragnarok or Homecoming in tone. It should be, to be fair. Give these characters some gravitas!

Agreed, I think they pulled off the humor and gravity balance perfectly in civil war. Sometimes it just jumps back and forth and it doesn't give your brain time to adjust to the current tone.

It does look like Thanos is pretty unstoppable. Hobo-Cap is awesome. I literally just want to be him. Hope Tony presents him with the Shield when they kiss and make up.

The whole of Wakanda going to war in a pitched battle? Brilliant.

I am incredibly excited to see so many heroes on screen, but I'm also keeping my expectations measured because of the same fact. It's utterly impossible to stick to someones story centrally in this kind of ensemble and I think that means we will lose some personal connection to some of the characters from the actual restraint of screentime. I don't want our viewpoint to be Iron Mans, if I'm honest, but I'm not sure which way they would go with it. We need the "human" perspective on this whole thing.

I agree, honestly I think the viewpoints they should stick to would be; Peter Parker, a very, as you say "human" character, watching his world go to crap and his heroes and mentors getting thrashed. T'challa; leading Wakanda and trying to organise the fight against Thanos. Peter Quill; basically representing the people from space.

......so Time Travel in part 2.

26734301_1231220613646306_9191416262159580336_n.jpg26230697_1231220806979620_2648539592771219619_n.jpg26230684_1231220753646292_4343017388411368359_n.jpg26230481_1231220646979636_7255137054313030743_n.jpg26229947_1231220686979632_2664271679494474582_n.jpg
26229911_1231220563646311_246363172983244322_n.jpg

I didnt realize RDJ's walking around iron Man suit was all CGI. The flying, stunts sure, but jut standing there blabbing......CGI? Im impressed.

He is actually wearing a SHIELD uniform. The dots are for an special effect not a full suit render. The full render suit is on Mark for the Hulk.

Im very excited about the new pictures of Infinity War that came out, really has me super excited for the movie!

Tony wearing a SHIELD suit is pretty crazy, he seemed to always be against working under them, even if he did work with them. Seeing him in a branded suit makes me wonder what happens for him to wear it. That and, ya know, SHIELD was basically taken down because of HYDRA

Did I miss something? What's up with Cap's Avengers suit? And what's on his hand?

They are assumed to be Time Travel anchors to keep them tethered to the original timeline. They may be based on Pym Tech as the one on Ant-Man is incorporated into the suit. Plus they look a little too simple for Tony to have designed them. He wears the exact same one as Cap. Tony would have made a flashier one for himself! :lol

They are assumed to be Time Travel anchors to keep them tethered to the original timeline. They may be based on Pym Tech as the one on Ant-Man is incorporated into the suit. Plus they look a little too simple for Tony to have designed them. He wears the exact same one as Cap. Tony would have made a flashier one for himself! :lol

Thanks for the reply. This sounds like some interesting stuff and the Ant-Man connection makes sense.

I wish I hadn’t seen those photos.

Exiting thread and going into information lockdown mode in 3..... 2....... 1.

I'm confused...In the trailer...Why the loud leather noise from Star-Lord's jacket?

So, Gwyneth Paltrow was on Colbert last night, and he asked her if she was in Infinity War, and she said she was. Her Wikipedia page says that she's in the 2019 Avengers movie, but not IW, so I dunno if she wasn't sure which one she was filming scenes for, or if she really is in IW.

He also asked her if she had powers, and she said she didn't know. So he asked her if there was any point where she thrust her hand out (like using powers), and she said yes.

I love the involvement of Spider-man in this sequel once again.He is my all-time favorite.
I'm not exactly thrilled though about the massive battles or a mass-produced enemy such as the aliens in the trailer.Thanos alone will prove a hand full of trouble for the team.For me,to see one or two significant foes fighting the Avengers would be sufficient.

In any case,looking forward to seeing this movie in the theatres in May

Black Widow isn’t the only one with new hair . Just noticed the Hulk sporting a different haircut as well !

Realise Bruce has more grey at the sides when shown as Banner , but would that also transfer too when he’s Hulk ?

Last edited:

Black Widow isn’t the only one with new hair . Just noticed the Hulk sporting a different haircut as well !

Realise Bruce has more grey at the sides when shown as Banner , but would that also transfer too when he’s Hulk ?

So you are wondering if he will become a grey (haired) Hulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back