Best Blade Runner Deckard Coat?

INicodemus

What's the best coat out there other than the one made by Magnoli for $500?
The one on ebay by costumebase appears to be a good coat for about $150.
I have tried to find the coat suggested by some others made by "Rachael" and a company called prop summit.
Can't seem to locate this coat. Any help appreciated. Would love any suggestions for the blaster as well.

Nico

short answer
Find a version of either the blaster or coat your happy with and comfortable spending for.

Long answer
Rachael was the screen name for a member on prop summit(propsummit being a blade runner forum not a company).

Sadly she's no longer around making coats but I believe they cost about as much as the magnoli or abby shot versions.

Honestly this coat is like a lot of things in this hobby spend as much or as little as you like as long as your satisfied with the end result that's all that really matter matters.

The same goes or the blaster Richard Coyle (racprops on prop summit forums) and Tomenosuke make high end metal blasters but be prepared to spend around $1200 fo one Rich also offers a kit version I believe for around $600 but be prepared to do a lot of work. There's also the off world which you an find on ebay a slightly less expensive budget vrsion. And if you look on this forum I believe there was a member offering a 3d printed version as well.

Good luck

Attachments

• extra-image-380.jpg
    extra-image-380.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. It really helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the help. It's great having all of you to turn to.
My wife and I are still new to the cosplay. Trying to figure out how much to spend on the costumes.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was curious if anyone has ever had a chance to compare both the Abbyshot and the Magnoli Deckard coats? I know Magnoli is highly respected 'round here (and he deserves every bit of it!), but the Abbyshot Deckard coat looks pretty darn nice as well...If anyone has seen/handled/worn both of them in person, do you have an opinion on which is higher quality, both as an accurate costume and as a real wearable piece of clothing?

I've owned both the Magnoli and the Abbyshot, although I'd add I'm just a layman when it comes to the Deckard wardrobe. The problem with the Abbyshot IMO was that it was absolutely shapeless. I have a pretty decent tailor and I didn't even bother to take it to him as I don't think he could have done anything with it, had to eat return shipping, customs fees etc. The magnoli is nice, I'd recommend it.

The only thing I liked more about the Abbyshot (which, is it even still available?) was the color. Other than that, the Magnoli looks like the far superior coat in craftsmanship, accuracy, etc. Also, I own a different Abbyshot coat and I've taken good looks at some of their other ones and they generally aren't very good. At best, their purple Doctor Who frock coat is sewn inside out and sloppy, and at worst their Mal browncoat is an atrocious eyesore that literally got every single detail wrong.

Anyone own the Costume Base coat? So many stock photos out there, it's impossible to know what you are getting. Does it have the ribs on the collar?

Anyone own the Costume Base coat? So many stock photos out there, it's impossible to know what you are getting. Does it have the ribs on the collar?

It has stitching that replicates the look of the ribbing, but does not have the actual ribbing like the Abbyshot one does.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back