RIP Chuck Mosley

More sad news, just unbelievable.
I bought the 12" of we care a lot when it came out and just played it to death.
That and pop will eat itself really made me want to start writing music myself.

R.I.P. Chuck

One of my favorite bar conversations ever went like this:

Setting: bar in Cleveland
Year: 2002

Me: why do people talk about Cleveland rocking? My theory is that they are just joking. The RRHOF is only here for sympathy. Did any great bands ever actually come out of Cleveland?

Local: Guided by voices?

Me: they're from Dayton

Local: oh! Do you know faith no more?

Me: yeah?

Local: you know the first lead singer? The guy before Mike Patton?

Local: he's the cook here!

I look over at the kitchen and I see this big dude with a t-shirt that says, "failed artist".

:Facepalm:

Sad to hear this. Faith no more was pretty influential when I was in high school. But I will never forget that image of the guy who made my buffalo wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
More sad news, just unbelievable.
I bought the 12" of we care a lot when it came out and just played it to death.
That and pop will eat itself really made me want to start writing music myself.

R.I.P. Chuck

PWEI is awesome. This is the Day..This is The hour is still one of my favorite albums

One of my favorite bar conversations ever went like this:

Setting: bar in Cleveland
Year: 2002

Me: why do people talk about Cleveland rocking? My theory is that they are just joking. The RRHOF is only here for sympathy. Did any great bands ever actually come out of Cleveland?

Local: Guided by voices?

Me: they're from Dayton

Local: oh! Do you know faith no more?

Local: you know the first lead singer? The guy before Mike Patton?

Local: he's the cook here!

I look over at the kitchen and I see this big dude with a t-shirt that says, "failed artist".

:Facepalm:

Sad to hear this. Faith no more was pretty influential when I was in high school. But I will never forget that image of the guy who made my buffalo wings.

Chuck definitely had some hard times after getting the boot

That reminds me though of my first day at work. A corporate computer support company. I kept seeing this guy in the office who looked really familiar but I could not place why. Eventually I get in a conversation and he says something that clicks, and I realize he was the the singer of the Dead Milkmen

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez Astroboy... man, that's both cool and not cool at the same time... this is me and my musician buddy that LOOKS like Chuck Mosley... and yes that's Mike Patton in the middle!

HUGE FNM fan, I would've loved to meet chuck. He had a cool voice and created the initial sound of FNM. There would've maybe been no Mike Patton without what Chuck laid the path for!

RIP Chuck. Thank you.

��
IMG_9073.JPG

side note: Cayman, I've agreed with everything you've posted in the last 10 or so years... now you say FNM is one of your all time favorite bands? Is there a glitch in the matrix???

Last edited:
Jeez Astroboy... man, that's both cool and not cool at the same time... this is me and my musician buddy that LOOKS like Chuck Mosley... and yes that's Mike Patton in the middle!

HUGE FNM fan, I would've loved to meet chuck. He had a cool voice and created the initial sound of FNM. There would've maybe been no Mike Patton without what Chuck laid the path for!

RIP Chuck. Thank you.

��
View attachment 773788

side note: Cayman, I've agreed with everything you've posted in the last 10 or so years... now you say FNM is one of your all time favorite bands? Is there a glitch in the matrix???
I know. My story has definitely changed its tone since he died. But it's still a good anecdote.

I was never really into them because it was too heavy for me. But my friends were major fans

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back