Thrall WOW Cosplay

Progresses has been slow, but I am inching my way along. I remade the teeth with sculpey, added more muscle mass, changed the nose, and started adding skin details. Almost ready for molding just waiting on some refined silica to use as a thickening agent for the urethane rubber.

Fantastic job on the hammer,Im not a wow player , but the cosplays have been insane at blizzcon. I cant wait to see you start the shoulders! looks amazing so far bud!

Many things underway as my original deadline is fast approaching. Everthing is still a very early WIP. I would like to have everything ready to paint by March, but feeling the struggle of biting off more than i can chew.

Meager Progress:
Bought a pair of oversized overalls that I am using as a base to add foam scales.

I picked up several pair of welding gloves that I will sew together for the gloves.

Still finishing up the fiberglass mother mold for the mask, and finishing up the muscle suit. I bought 1/4" foam that I am using as a skin over my roughly cut muscles. Experimented with coating a piece of foam with silicone and the results were promising.

The idea is to create a silicone skin for the exposed flesh areas. Lastly I managed to start patterning the armor.

Last edited:
I'm Alliance all the way, but WoW (he he) what a stunning job so far. Doomhammer is just jawdropping and your Thrall build seems like a real winner in progress! Kudos!

What did you use to skin the foam? Fabric or something?

It's 1/4" thick upholstery foam glued over rough cut 1" upholstery foam muscles that are glued to a compression shirt. Pretty simple and very labor intensive, but the results turned out better than I anticipated.

FOR THE HORDE, Brother!!
That's freaking amazing ... really... I wanted to begin my own Char, orc warlock in T9 Set... but that will take some time! But your work is awesome!!! Keep up the good work! Great Job on the sculpting and of course... Doomhammer looks so real!!

LOK'TAR!!

did you wrap the single segments of the arm seperately for movement, or is it just glued that perfectly that it looks like that? what i meanis did you wrap forearm, upper arm and shoulder seperately?

also, what did you use, spray glue?
this is currently my favorite thread.

did you wrap the single segments of the arm seperately for movement, or is it just glued that perfectly that it looks like that? what i meanis did you wrap forearm, upper arm and shoulder seperately?

also, what did you use, spray glue?

I roughly cut out the muscles using 1 inch upholstery foam. I skinned it with 1/8" upholstery foam. I used as big of pieces as posible and hid the seems in the creases. Back is Two pieces, chest one, shoulders one each and arms one each. I tried using spray adhesive but switched to barge rubber cement because the spray was not strong enough.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back