The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Mario Odyssey finally looks to be the sequel to Mario 64 I have been wanting since the N64 era. Absolutely hated the Mario Sunshine and Galaxy games.

I have also had Horizon Zero Dawn pre-ordered for over a year so I am really hyped for that as well. I've been a fan of Guerilla Games since the Killzone series.

Sunshine was superb, I loved playing that game, it was a lot of fun. I really wish I could have played Galaxy, cause everyone says thats the best one, but man. The motions...made me want to barf. :sick

From the look of the trailer it seems you bounce back and forth between a "real" world and a more typical fantasy one. Guess we'll see!

Pre-ordered my Switch today. Can't wait until March!
I'm trying to preorder mine but gamestop won't take the damned order.

Edit: It finally took the order when i broke it up and now zelda and another game are being looked at by gamestop to make sure it wasn't card fraud. Also: Anyone else have issues getting xbox achievements to pop? I have 2 for tomb raider that i know for a fact should have popped as i just did all the challenges and i got all the items a long time ago and it never popped.

Last edited:
Finally started up Grand Kingdom on the PS4 today. Man has this game ever got me by the balls. Tactical, strategy, rpg game with deep customization. From the makers of my beloved Fire Pro Wrestling series, this is a must own game for fans of the likes of Ogre Battle and Final Fantasy Tactics, or just strategy gamers in general who are into medieval fantasy and anime as the game is beautifully styled to look like an anime. The hours and hours I am going to dump into this is going to be frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGsPbHyA5s&

A friend of mine just told me she's gonna lend me her ps4 so I can play tomb raider! I'm sooo excited

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It took Mario Odyssey to make me actually want a Nintendo Switch.

the graphics are nice and smooth, but i don't know if i want different with a mario game. i just want standard mario that is CHALLENGING. something the stuff beyond the galaxy games where not. and are we going back to the plot line that mario is from the real world?

Interesting how peoples opinion on Mario games differ. Mine is the exact opposite to yours! Anyway, Mario is escaping the mushroom kingdom to have adventures in other worlds. As much as the SMSS made me believe he was from Brooklyn, he's not. :\

Also, I love this so much xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

I've always wanted Mario to go back to the dreamworld of Super Mario 2. That world has sort of been forgotten in the Mario series.
I actually am excited for Mario Odyssey though, shame it's basically a year away. That and Mario Kart as launch titles may have sold me on buying a Switch day one. At least by waiting I'm sure there will be some sort of holiday black Friday sale as Nintendo will really be pushing the system hard.

thinking about something.

I couldn't buy a DS cause they where out well before the christmas season.

i couldn't buy a nes mini well before and they MISSED shipping ANY during the christmas rush...

And now Nintendo switch only has one game worth owning at launch, and the second is months away from release.

as a nintendo fan, i'm kind of worried this is it..

Just got e-mail confirmation River City Ransom Underground now in its closed beta stage.
Also the kickstarter for the third and final installment in The Banner Saga trilogy just went live on kickstarter.

I've been playing the heck out of Grand Kingdom (15 hours in). Just so addictive building and customizing your mercenary group.
I created The Black Company in reference to the book series. Have three of my six mercenary squads established. Dead Cell, my elite, high ranking all purpose mercenaries with a recurring character in many of my games named Chance O'Hearon leading the squad, a Game of Thrones styled all purpose shield and sword fighter. Pai Lum (White Dragon) my second squad led by Rei, a dual sword wielding dark knight I made to look like Rei from Hokuto No Ken, the squad is focused on agile high offense fighters and thirdly the BDK (Black Dog Knights) of brutal heavy infantry I'm building up to be a tanking unit. I haven't even tried the online portion yet.

Nintendo is still announcing launch titles for the Switch, they just announced an RPG called I am Setsuna that I never played but it isn't up for preorder yet. Then again I rarely play games that aren't on a disc as I refuse to pay 50.00 for a digital game.

games i play: World of Warcraft, pong and worms 2.

World of Warcraft. just a great game that from beginning till now never bored me.
Pong, what else? :)
worms 2: cant beat 3 grown ups and a twelve year old trowing bananabombs and holy handgrenades at eachother rolling on floor laughing our asses off

I have a switch on preorder and I am also worried about it. There's literally next to no games at launch I really want! Has there been any talk about backwards capability for DS type games or WiiU?

I really don't want to have to buy a WiiU if there's a game my son wants from it if they'll be offering any of those digitally. They REALLY need to outline their online content damn fast. They have shown us quite a bit, yet nothing at all, yet. Oh yeah I forgot.. the ice in the cup. Boy can't wait for that... :\

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 came out today. Been watching my stepson play it. Seems pretty awesome so far. Can't wait til 3 comes out....whenever that might be.

I still haven't played the new copies of the other KH games I got lol. Gamestop is having a sale on odds and ends that's good but most of the deals have sold out or are at stores only.

Played "Life is Strange". Not a fan of story-driven games - I need to mash buttons and jump around like Hit-Girl machine-gunning peeps in the face - but this one was really well done. Super kick to the feels. Playing it again now making different choices to see what else can happen. Really good game - a heck of a ride. Highly recommended.

I'm probably half way through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I figure out my extra weapon packs and other extra equipment from the season pass is in a "storage" thing I have to click on... :facepalm

I had that happen too, it also turns out that all the items they sold in the store as extra weapons packs are only good for one playthru then they vanish.

Another thing I wish they would quit doing in video games is nerfing invisibility. In both Deus Ex games (recent ones) you get a cloak, but it doesn't work very long. It works longer if you stay still, but if you walk or run it's too limited. Of course NPCs can walk around all day with it on. I know they do it for balance, but all games have done this. Alien Vs. Predator 1 & 2, Crysis, Deus Ex (HR & MD), etc. Figure out a way to limit it without breaking in game realism. No military is going to make a cloak that you can only use for 30 secs!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back