Spider-Man order from ZentaiZone

Ironman1406

After reading up on reputable overseas retailers, I ordered from ZentaiZone last Thursday. I'm very excited to get my Spider-Man suit! Here's just some brief thoughts regarding my online order experience (YMMV):

Ordered Thursday, Jan 18
Order Status was "processing" (as it should be). ;)

On Saturday, I noticed my order was still "processing" so I contacted them to see if there was a PayPal payment problem or something. They replied they need a little more time to make the suit and usually ship out within 7-10 days. I'm perfectly OK with that, I just thought "processing" meant they were still waiting for the payment to post. :)

On Thursday, Jan 25, I get the FedEx shipment confirmation email. Looks like it'll arrive early next week.

That's all. Just in case someone orders for the first time, don't be too concerned about the "processing" status on your order.

Yeah its 10 days to sew it and all, then 10 days shipment.I have one and its great but dont ever wash it in warm water never ever, only in cold, cause lycra will degrade a bit and wont be so stretchy after hot water bath.
Also if you touch/scratch fingertips with concrete or other kinds of floor then paint will be washed off a bit and some heavy use will scratch off paint completely so your fingertips will be white, ive seen it on some suits with prints on white lycra like the ones we have so be careful if you want it to last, you can also use red fabric markers/ paint to touch up the fingers so its not that bad.
With first wear it will be a bit kinda too small which feels great actually , then it will sttretch and then after about 10 wears for 3-4 hours it wont be that stretchy in some areas like it was at the beginning, it will adapt to new size and wont stretch back , i have some padding muscles under suit and when i wear suit without padding then it has folds that wont stretch back like in the beginning when i had suit on me for first couple of times.
I think thats most of the problems, be careful to not stretch it too much where it doesnt need to be and very careful when you take it off while sweaty because sweat makes the lycra stick yto your bodyu and you can tear some seams apart.
I have U zipper and its totally possible to suit up yourself.
I have more folds on my torso now when i sit and i remember suit being very tight when i sat couple months ago in it , i dont think you can stretch it back and make it smaller.It kinda becomes a bit like regular non stretchy fabric and doesnt look that nice IMO but thats just me.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply 2blackbar

The whole thing about the order status being "processing" is what threw me off.

Great info about being careful with suit. Curious: did you get the upgraded suit?

Last edited by a moderator:
No , i had raimi suit from 3 wich looked the best for me , its dark with fantastic colours and i regret i did not get super lycra option cause i love the suit, but i had this issue about cost being over 100$ and if thats the case then i would have to pay customs and i didnt want that so i did not get super lycra for extra 30$ but now i would, also i would change my measurments to be a bit smaller than they really are to make the suit really tight. especially this area between your neck and crotch - whole torso, it gets wrinkly after a couple of stupid warm water washes by me , i read some stuff on the net that lycra can stretch back if you wash it in hot water and then dry buit here its really opposite i think.Hot water witll degrade rubber in lycra suits faster and make them less elastic.
So its not bad but it is visible for me when i sit in suit , it doesnt have wrinkles when you stand straight tho.
Face mask and attached lenses not allign properly without faceshell, they create unpleasant fold between your eyes, so i had to make my faceshell to change this but then folds appear under eyes and you have to stretch the mask more a bit, i think their face mask work only with their own zentaizone faceshells which are kinda a bit too big for my taste.So i would take face mask a bit smaller next time.
I have some pics of all the process i did and how mask looked like when i first had it and how lenses alligned on face.Lycra is very slippery on your face and even on faceshells so eyes are trying to travel close to each other creating fold where your nose is, its annoying issue and you need to lock eyes in faceshell to prevent them from traveling.
Heres mask how i got it , fattached eyes version and no faceshell, eyes are moving towards each other.
2BEJC.jpg

And after modification with cardboard faceshell , i also changed mesh , reshaped and darkened their eyes cause they were too big so i made them smaller optically and a bit gray to match the webs on suit
2BEJb.jpg
2BEJf.jpg

Anyways i dont want to hijack thread maybe this deserves its own thread somewhere for people who order from zentaizone and arent sure what to expect, so expect to do a bit of work on the suit if its without their faceshell.

Last edited:
Wow! My costume was delivered Monday! Here's the hood with Zentai Zone's mask and lenses. How do you stop the hood from moving on the mask? I only had it on for 5-10 minutes but it felt like the eye holes wanted to go up. I was messing with the chin and front neck area to pull it down. I need more time to mess with it.

Attachments

• 27356213_10215631337159111_6813861620809561053_o.jpg
    27356213_10215631337159111_6813861620809561053_o.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 295
Wow! My costume was delivered Monday! Here's the hood with Zentai Zone's mask and lenses. How do you stop the hood from moving on the mask? I only had it on for 5-10 minutes but it felt like the eye holes wanted to go up. I was messing with the chin and front neck area to pull it down. I need more time to mess with it.

I've seen people spray their face shells with plastidip

If you plan on doing cons, Invest in a faceshell. My very first suit I got with a detached mask and attached lenses, I really regretted not doing that from the start. I know Tjack sells some really amazing shells, depending on what faceshape you'd want to go for. I also recommend if you have the soles attached to your suit, get a pair of Dr. Scholl's or other shoe inserts for the boots, Your feet will be killing you after a day of walking with no support. If you didn't get soles, you can always get a pair of water shoes and glue those soles to the bottom of your suit.

Thanks Fett202

I did get the face shell from Zentai Zone, detached lenses. I’m going to spray Pasti Dip on it today to stop the hood from slipping. Right now, the eye holes want to go up towards forehead when I move around a lot.

I plan to visit kids in hospitals and also run my 5k, 10k and half marathon races in costume. For that reason I didn’t get any kind of soles. My feet need to slip into my running shoes like normal.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great ! So even with faceshell mask is traveling creating folds ? Id try sanding faceshell first and try if it helped and if theyre still moving then plastidip.
If you plan to move a lot then drill more holes in faceshell.You will also encounter lens fogging problem.There are some antifog sprays for divers to prevent this but replacing mesh in eyes works best.

Looks great ! So even with faceshell mask is traveling creating folds ? Id try sanding faceshell first and try if it helped and if theyre still moving then plastidip.
If you plan to move a lot then drill more holes in faceshell.You will also encounter lens fogging problem.There are some antifog sprays for divers to prevent this but replacing mesh in eyes works best.
Yeah.. I noticed the folding between eyes but more annoying was the hood/eye holes moving up, towards forehead. I'll post a pic of faceshell in a couple of minutes but yeah, I definitely noticed the fogging when exhaling. The air is following the path of least resistance, right out of the eye holes. I saw a video, Made by McLean, where he mounted some padding around inner shell cheek area, to prevent the air coming up.

Looking at other face shells, I can see a lot of holes vs what mine has. I have a Dremel so I'll start making holes here and there till I get it right.

Attachments

• IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    913.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    939.3 KB · Views: 341
Yeah he did it to isolate eyes from getting air completely, i had mask traveling as well and i solved it by sewing mask on bottom of my jaw on right and left side , just with one loop on each side so its not visible, this way it doesnt move up but i have cardboard faceshell so it was easier to do. Fogging isnt that visible at home but once i went outisde i was blind so there was no way i was going to leave it like this :) so i had to ditch the plastic and glue splatter screen instead.
Shells for raimi movies did not had any holes, thats just crazy, holes arent visible if theyre small and every hole makes a difference even small one.
--
I re-checked pics from movie and they did had HUGE holes but on lip areas theyre covered by some red mesh , its barely visible:
2BNFR.jpg

Some guys have it like thism but i dont know if uneven surface with so many holes is visible through lycra:
11372519_1691377321110252_1040123244_n.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back