The Return of the GH Darth Vader ANH Helmet and Armor - with some extras

I used to have a GH ANH helmet and it brought me a great amount of joy. I had to let it go in one of those periodic collection culls but when finished well they can look great.

Responses will be scattered as I move, but thanks everyone, glad to see the interest in all this!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever get molds for the lifesupport box. He had a mold from that. Not sure if he had the leg armor.

No on the leg armor, though it may not mean I wont be. No on the chest box as well but that IS something I'm working on as well. Fiberglass cast ANH chestbox WIP, first the armor and helmet. Looking to make one of the most accurate ANH chestboxes made.

If that is just an experiment, it looks great already!

btw. if you consider to let it go, let me know! ;)

There should be more to come! Yes for a first pull and a experiment with new gel coat and fiberglass, it worked extremely well. I just don't want to offer anything yet since I won't be able to cast or make anything for a week or two, but thank you for the interest. I am a collector myself and I would definitely say this is at least better than any of the junk thai cast stuff I've ever gotten though I have not gotten to the point of GH's original great castings just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you ever be offering these pieces to customers in the future?

I plan to, with different pieces as well as some of my own and in collaboration with others.

Here is one example:

Rcjab5Al.jpg

I used to have a GH ANH helmet and it brought me a great amount of joy. I had to let it go in one of those periodic collection culls but when finished well they can look great.

They definitely do look great when finished up and I am working on updating the look as well. The GH ROTJ is hard to beat at the price they originally sold for and lineage, the ANH helmet needs some updating, but the dome will give me a very good base to work off of. Did not realize mykindascum was your site, it helped me get some good reference shots for a future Fett project as well, thank you.

I was very pleased with my GH and it displayed very well in the space I had at that time; I displayed it over having my efx LE out but ultimately it left me during a collection audit. I simply didn't have room for everything that I had accumulated and some choices had to be made.

Haven't been in a position to update scum for ages. Hopefully this summer.

I was very pleased with my GH and it displayed very well in the space I had at that time; I displayed it over having my efx LE out but ultimately it left me during a collection audit. I simply didn't have room for everything that I had accumulated and some choices had to be made.

Some Bad choices LOL wink wink.

How much are you looking to sell the GH ROTJ helmet and armor for?

Nothing is for sale at the moment though may be soon, such as the armor. I'd like to avoid talking about prices on this thread, feel free to message me privately though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh... that Macquarie is awesome.

The modeler did great work, we've been going back and forth with it (I'm currently correcting the neck area myself), but time is limited. It always helps to have good folks you can rely on and even more so when they are talented!

I know the feeling. My efx mcquarrie helmet has sat in the box for years. most of everything has been just packed away. Now that I'm making items, its even going to get more cluttered so I'll be doing a clear out soon.
0iZAA9Nl.jpg

IQUe1gll.jpg

Never has even been taken out completely to see the light of day.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back