Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

My armor is put up too.

It it makes me sick to think about or see anything Star Wars to be honest.

The more I think about what I experienced watching TLJ movie, the more I hate it. I reject everything that happened or was said in this film as bull****, that is an insult to my intelligence. I refuse to even consider it anything more than the lazy writing of incompetent, ignorant and self righteous morons.

That being said, I never thought the day would come when I longed for the prequels over a current SW film. Never thought the day would come when I would not want to be at a SW film on opening night, ever again. That film left such a bad taste in my mouth, I put all my SW stuff into storage. Not a single item left out on display, even my armor.

**** you, Ruin Johnson!

The more I think about what I experienced watching TLJ movie, the more I hate it. I reject everything that happened or was said in this film as bull****, that is an insult to my intelligence. I refuse to even consider it anything more than the lazy writing of incompetent, ignorant and self righteous morons.

That being said, I never thought the day would come when I longed for the prequels over a current SW film. Never thought the day would come when I would not want to be at a SW film on opening night, ever again. That film left such a bad taste in my mouth, I put all my SW stuff into storage. Not a single item left out on display, even my armor.

**** you, Ruin Johnson!

My armor is put up too.

It it makes me sick to think about or see anything Star Wars to be honest.

TLJ was the first 'Star Wars' movie I passed on seeing. I had a sense there was no plan to these movies after TFA and no one really qualified to shepherd such a unique cinematic experience. Certainly not Johnson.

For all his faults Lucas was *the* shepherd of the saga, who alongside some genuinely gifted artisans show up the newbies for the hubristic, unimaginative pretenders they are. It's really not Star Wars anymore, it's a brand, and only proves how magical and unique the original movies were.

Which is why I hope some of you fellas considering banishing or selling your collection reconsider and remember why those original movies have had such meaningful endurance for you for so long.

Quite understandable Old Ken. Just remember, every time you sell a Star Wars item, an Ewok dies.

That only applies to SW merchandise from the original trilogy, of course.
Nien Numb Laughing.jpg

What a downer this sequel trilogy is. Luke, Han and Leia's lives ended up so miserable and the galaxy is STILL in constant turmoil with no end in sight even after 30+ years of them fighting. What a horrible life! This movie was just so depressing. At least the other films were fun and upbeat. They projected a sense of hope. I know that this is the second act which is usually the darkest in a story, but come on! Luke is dead. Han is dead. Carrie Fisher is dead in real life. Admiral Ackbar died off screen. The central planet of the Republic was blown up along with 6-7 other planets. R2-D2 is stuffed in the corner and covered in a rag with his power shut off. Phasma is dead. Snoke is Dead. All that remains of the Resistance can fit into the hull of the Falcon. Is that the best they can do with the story? Just kill everyone off? They might as well execute all of the Porgs one by one with a lightsaber through the face, tar and feather Chewbacca, beat C-3PO with his red arm, scrap R2 for parts to build their new iphones, and resurrect Darth Vader so they can have a lightsaber battle with him only to kill him off again and **** on his rotting corpse.

Rian Johnson is laughing maniacally. I am literally laughing out loud imagining him in line, at the bank, cashing in his paychecks from Disney. Laughing at all of us fans who are crying over the death of Star Wars as he counts his millions. He just got a huge pay day to take a gigantic smelly dump on Star Wars and Disney just signed a deal with him to make more movies in our galaxy far far away. He's such a troll that he thought, "you know how I''m going to **** with their heads? I'm going to throw a your moma joke in the first 5 minutes of the movie." And he DID! His new idea for this trilogy is to find other characters he can kill off in stupid and meaningless ways. Let's bring back Han so we can have him sing a duet with Leia and be shot in the face by a resurrected Greedo." Greedo shot last!

I think I've finally cracked. This is now seriously funny to me. I kind of wish they would make a movie of that! I would watch that in a heartbeat. It's also 2 in the morning and I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
A spirit lifter if you will. Before the dark times...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4H-4DW8MG8

Yeah some of the dialogue was cheesy , the acting stiff and the leads practically unknown ... but as an 11yr old sitting in a packed cinema with my family ( a special treat back then ) , it was the best thing ever , not only at the time , but for quite awhile afterwards ! ... Ever ! .
No shared experience like that would ever bring back the pure joy I remember after seeing this , that first time .

:cheersGed

It was the only version of the original cut I could find and frankly the resolution is irrelevant. I was hoping to find a VHS version actually.
Have you seen the Grindhouse versions(direct film transfers of some pretty rough theatrical prints)? I have the ROTJ and it's really cool. 100% pure nostalgia.

Have you seen the Grindhouse versions(direct film transfers of some pretty rough theatrical prints)? I have the ROTJ and it's really cool. 100% pure nostalgia.

No, I havent seen those egosheep. I have all the original VHS tapes that I kept but dont have a working VCR and keep my fingers crossed that they are still in watchable condition.

-------------------------------

Seems the natives are getting restless with Darth Igar. Heres hoping that change will come soon as SW is Disney`s number one IP and its being run in to the ground.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/disney-shareholders-vote-against-ceo-igers-pay-package.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I havent seen those @egosheep. I have all the original VHS tapes that I kept but dont have a working VCR and keep my fingers crossed that they are still in watchable condition.

-------------------------------

Seems the natives are getting restless with Darth Igar. Heres hoping that change will come soon as SW is Disney`s number one IP and its being run in to the ground.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/disney-shareholders-vote-against-ceo-igers-pay-package.html
Iger wasn't the problem with TLJ, KK and RJ were. Sure the buck stops at Disney, but they have a reputation for letting their subsidiaries do what they wish. Also, that article makes it very clear that Iger is highly valued at the company; they just felt the contract-end bonus was too hefty a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll miss you.

Oh, I'm not leaving. :p It'd just be great to come in here and find actual discussion about Episode IX, rather than post after post chewing old soup as far as "everything wrong with Episode VIII". While I wasn't thrilled with the execution of the previous episode -- and the new trilogy in general -- I'm staying engaged because it's what we've got. Y'all wanna go in circles about everything they're doing wrong and what it ought to have been, fine. It's just not really contributing anything to the discussion, especially for the forthcoming next chapter. There are several threads currently expressly for people to bang on about how LFL/KK/JJ/RJ/etc. have screwed everything up. Many user names in the last three pages I have seen raising the same points again and again over the last several months in multiple threads. We get it. I gave my own general and specific critique of TLJ -- over in its thread -- back in December, plus a couple follow-on thoughts as they occurred to me. I am not going to repeat myself every time the "anti" camp raise the same already-discussed points. The only thing I could do beyond not bothering wold be to pist links to the specific posts I made weeks and months ago, as my opinion hasn't been altered by the "it sucks" chorus. One wonders why those so vehemently agaisnt the films keep saying the same things over and over. We heard you the first time. And the second. And the tenth. You're not going to win converts, and no one from Lucasfilm is going to be reading your posts and suddenly realize the error of their ways.

So.

I'll keep looking in from time to time to see if someone is actually discussing Episode IX without puking all over the new films or anyone who dares to support them in even the slightest degree. Have fun yelling into the void.

--Jonah

P.S. I'm one of the ones planning to buy TLJ on BluRay when it comes out. I'm helping one friend with a Rey costume and another with a Resistance pilot costume, and am doing a First Order Stormtrooer, myself. While I don't like everything, I am having fun regardless.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back