Road Fury Steering Wheel! Please help me ID parts.

Wow pretty close. They would have to be in the .5-.75" range.
i'll have to check the sewing machine at home. We have a few. There are also a few parts shops in Los Angeles.
there would have to be an all chrome and black with chrome version.

Last edited:
Here is a photo with the black knob... But of course this knob doesn't appear on the screen version.. The other knob looks like maybe off an atlas or brother sewing machine from the 50's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I spoke with a 'sewing machine guy' who said the 'push' lever is a off of a bobbin winder. The pins on the upper part of the wheel may be spool pin parts

image.jpgimage.jpg I think we're getting close. The word PUSH is upside down but I think it is the same font. This is a Brother or Electro brand sewing machine from the 60s. model 220 I believe. Also, I've seen a lot of Singer brand bobbin cases that look very similar to the eye piece. I would not be surprised if it is some type/brand of bobbin case.

More Brother brand levers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 80
any update on this build?

I am currently sourcing all the parts for one myself!!

anyone ever figured out what is the "chrome bezel" part surrounding the "breather mask" of the doll?

also, what's the part in between the doll head and the tapered roller bearing?

I've been slowly working on this one as well. I do not know what the chrome bezel is, but it looks like Abelugo may have a good idea.

One thing I will share that may not yet be known is the eyepiece. It appears to be another sewing part. A bobbin case.
Here is an example:
bobbin case.jpg
That is what I see anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
My project stalled, it would make sense that the bobbin case is from the same sewing machine as the tensioner and the "push" button lever.
I thought it may be a windshield wiper bezel but never got passed that.
I think the other thing that stalled me is the part that straps to the baby head and the part that is in between smashing the head to the bearing in the mouth area. I would start with Harley wheel bearings on the bearing size.

I ended up finding the actual part its a a vintage vauxhall from the UK it the horn ring and horn button bezel. It is seen in the some my images posted on the green cutting board.

Ok. I am stuck on the bottom neck thing. What the heck is it? I just keep seeing a caster with other stuff stuck to it. There is a gear in it. I have even looked at old electric can openers for Gods sake.
xx.jpg

Come on RPF, work your magic. Here is the same picture as above blown up.
arrows.jpg
It has four gears. All I have stuck in my head my is can openers... I can't get past it. What is it? The part with the gears appears to be an assembly, not cobbled together. It is riveted together. It maybe not part of the bigger bracket but I have no idea. The bigger bracket is roughly 2" as I scale it...

I do know it is not off a sewing machine. I have completely disassembled two Brother and one Singer sewing machines, including the foot pedals and the motors. Nothing even close in there at all.

Last edited:
Ok. Found a nice guy who took a really good shot of the wheel from the left side.

It comes from this website: http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/index.php

I suggest you check it out if you haven't already. It is a wealth of Mad Max knowledge.

Anyhow, this is missing its gears, but does show the mount. Still don't know what it is or was, but still useful.
DSC_0335 (2).JPG

Also of note is the push lever has broken, but not yet fallen off and most of the linkage is gone as well.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back