Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

These are selling for ridiculous prices on ebay now. One guyhas painted one black and is asking $330 for it.

The chrome looks absolutely awesome...you used spaz sticks? I'm not familiar with that. I too have the blue grip version. I am looking to make it look like a chrome or aluminum version with blue lights.
If you are speaking about mine then yes its Spaz Stix. I am okay with how it came out. It makes a good gift. It really needed some primer and sanding to get it glass smooth for Spaz Stix but it didn't come out too bad. I am finding Spaz Stix doesn't work without that glass smooth surface. Gotta get a new airbrush to finish the others.

R7XqYjg.jpg

Last edited:
These are selling for ridiculous prices on ebay now. One guy has painted one black and is asking $330 for it.

They're a ton cheaper on eBay UK, under or slightly over £50 with free shipping from Japan. I'm not pointing out a specific auction, by the way, there are currently several from more than one seller.

92d45a612b370ba7d922b19895ca6a53.jpg
731320f7ec4ba8dc39bf465411cf9570.jpg

Here are some pics from my second gun. It was originally the silver and blue. I opted to go for a solid Blue as opposed to the original translucent. I’m debating that color, and also whether to weather it or not. Suggestions are welcome as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple quick questions. For people doing electronics, are you removing the magazine piece to add the electronics? Also, what are people using to fill the gun, resin, clay, putty? I'm about to start my 'hero' gun and want to do everything as perfectly as possible. Thanks!

Couple quick questions. For people doing electronics, are you removing the magazine piece to add the electronics? Also, what are people using to fill the gun, resin, clay, putty? I'm about to start my 'hero' gun and want to do everything as perfectly as possible. Thanks!
Yes gently cut the magazine out. Some fill with resin others with sand and BBs. I'm using Apoxysculpt.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

Yes gently cut the magazine out. Some fill with resin others with sand and BBs. I'm using Apoxysculpt.

Back when I thought I was going to split the gun in two, I planned on filling it with Apoxie Sculpt as well. Did you split your gun in two or are you going to fill it with Apoxie Sculpt some other way? Curious to know since I was planning on filling mine with resin instead.

Back when I thought I was going to split the gun in two, I planned on filling it with Apoxie Sculpt as well. Did you split your gun in two or are you going to fill it with Apoxie Sculpt some other way? Curious to know since I was planning on filling mine with resin instead.
Yeah I foolishly split it. Could have done everything I wanted without splitting. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah I foolishly split it. Could have done everything I wanted without splitting. Hindsight is 20/20.

Haha thanks for warning me about splitting it a while back. I'm glad I didn't, as it would have been a huge pain. It was hard enough removing the magazine!

Hey guys! it's been a while but work has been super busy and I haven't been able to work on my blaster at all which sucks, so long update post i'm afraid, but I'm here and back at it for now. Iv'e had to repair a bunch, the primer revealed lots of imperfections I wanted to get rid of, only serious ones as I do want this to look beat up. After spending some time with this water gun it really isn't worth all the money it is going for now, If you aren't careful with it, it can crack and dent super easy and you end up having to put more work into it than intended, but it does make it more fun and challenging I suppose. Forgive it's appearance as iv'e stripped back a lot of the primer re-working it and I haven't hit it with some more 000 but.. here's what I have been able to add,
6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg
I have replaced all the screws that had been defaced and messily added some screws to the butt plate (my drill died)
I made a quick and dirty disc out of styrene to hold the 5mm red led in at the bottom of the ammo clip, it's not accurate but I like the way it looks
I've weighted it with ceramic cooking beads, it adds a satisfying weight and its not too heavy to crack the ****ty plastic
I also cut little notches for the 3mm green leds to sit nicely
And lastly I have capped the end with the front receiver greeble which I am just now noticing there is no picture of..woops

My plan next is just to clean it up with needle files, sand paper and 000 steel wool again for primer and painting. Here are the paints i'm using,
1.jpg

I also found this little guy which I plan to decorate the case with, I know this has been done before on here but I thought it would add nice detail
2.jpg
If anyone is having trouble finding the replacement screws I have a list of the ones I replaced, i.e the ones that have lost their detail for production, i'm pretty certain they are accurate to the actual blaster. Just give me a shout if you want me to share them

That is some awesome work there matherton. I’m drooling over that grip frame. Makes what I’ve been working on look like kids play.

Really, all the finish work is sublime, I’m really digging it :thumbsup

I’m excited to see how it turns out, mate. It’s looking stellar so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is new to this or hasn't split theirs yet, get yourself one of these.

They are brilliant for jobs like this and as thin as a razor blade.

Neo-uk found it cheap on ebay, it's a 'tractor truck rifle pin badge' from the 1960's give it a search but he's only got 3 left, posts from the netherlands and only took a couple days to come to the uk but it's in fantastic condition and it's a beauty, I may mould and cold cast it so I have a couple laying around so I don't have to use the original, we'll see.

'Takagi Type M2019 WaterBlaster Muzzle (modification)' now available for those modding their squirter. Share and enjoy. :cool

https://www.shapeways.com/product/J7D9EH96T/takagi-type-m2019-muzzle-modification

View attachment 787680
Looks great! I should have known better not to order the first thing that was made and just waited for this to happen. Live and learn.

Looks great! I should have known better not to order the first thing that was made and just waited for this to happen. Live and learn.

I was just yesterday getting ready to order the other one. I will probably give this one a go since I threw away the orange tip. It was days before I found out the use for it on here. Now I won't have to come up with a fix for the barrel length.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back