Thunderbirds - Pod 4 away.

Hemble

Hi All,

Completed this dio last night I just had to wait for a coat of water to dry.

Recipe

TB2 & Pod 4 - are from VIVID the company that makes all the new TB toys, I filled in the screw holes and did some sanding to it and then painted both using Vallejo Paints I then used rods to hold in place on the base.

Base - is high density foam and it was cut to shape and with the left over pieces I ripped them apart and made the rocks with them. For the waves I used watered down spakfilla and applied it to the base and while it was drying I got a lightly damp baby wipe and did the old push and flick motion to achieve them.

Once dry the water area and rocks were painted using Vallejo Paints and then I used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and covered the water area with it and let it dry. Once dry I dry brushed the waves white and then used Woodland Scenics Water Effects to add depth to the waves and also to add the waves splashing up against the rock and Pod 4 and also used it to make the flames for the retro rockets.

Once the Water Effects was dry I then painted the flames with Vallejo Paints and then dry brushed the waves again, I then used cotton wool for the smoke and glued it in place on the rods. Once this was all done I then gave the water, waves and flames two coats of the Realistic Water.

Attachments

• 4tb1.JPG
    4tb1.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 4tb2.JPG
    4tb2.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 4tb3.JPG
    4tb3.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 135
  • 4tb4.JPG
    4tb4.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 4tb13.JPG
    4tb13.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 4tb5.JPG
    4tb5.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 4tb6.JPG
    4tb6.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 4tb11.JPG
    4tb11.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 4tb20.JPG
    4tb20.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 4tb12.JPG
    4tb12.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 121
Very accomplished work! And so dynamic looking - great job. Even though I was brought up watching the original Thunderbirds I really like the new Thunderbird 2 design - actually I prefer it ( I bought a small and large toy version for my son because I thought it was so great looking). Again - fine work!

Last edited:
This is really nice, I'm hoping they eventually release kits for the new craft.

Cheers Teddy and yeah I hope they do as well as they are great designs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not too familiar with Thunderbirds, but that looks like it be straight out of a still from the show

Cheers blakeh and I grew up on the original but the new series is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Deagostini has one. Im sure its not cheap though.

OP, beautiful work.

Thanks Lear60man and I have seen the Deagostini one it looks awesome but out of my price range.

- - - Updated - - -

Very accomplished work! And so dynamic looking - great job. Even though I was brought up watching the original Thunderbirds I really like the new Thunderbird 2 design - actually I prefer it ( I bought a small and large toy version for my son because I thought it was so great looking). Again - fine work!

Thanks heaps blipper and I also grew up with the original series but I have to admit the new series is great and very well done.

Great work.. Fantastic.
Just watched on Netflix or Amazon newer shows. Awesome show to watch with my son (11)..

Thanks for posting.

Cheers mate and yeah I watch it with son (8) as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah its a really nice model but I can't afford the £40 a month, unfortunately.

Would love an Airfix style kit of the new craft though.

I know what you mean, I just checked the Deagostini one here in Australia and it's $120 so I'll be giving that a miss.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the nicest dioramas I have seen in a very long time - stunning work

Thanks heaps mate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back