JIN ROH 2015 FUZE PROJECT. Accurate Model from the 1/6 Figure. Modelers WANTED

Hi peeps. I had to take time off to work on some paying projects. Im learning zbrush and building my new website atm. But as im waiting for my books to turn up (thank you amazon for 2nd hand technical books) I returned to the protect gear chest which im rebuilding to spec (albiet with some problems because of its awkward side transitions)

Here is what ive been up to while ive been away.
ZBrush Document3 best.jpg

Thanks dude. Moving to my own house soon. Complete with Garden office and Big workshop to store my 3d printer, so expect high rez casts of the armour in the coming months.

Im kind of glad I took the time off to work. The things ive learned in the meantime will make this 100% better.
Goodbye sharp edges, hello surface fillets.
Rebuilt surfaces and nice renders now I actualy know a bit more about Vray.

Beautiful, huge leap from when you first started...I'm new to modeling myself and ok with manipulating files but wanted to share this from my end as well. I need to enlarge the print file about 10-20% but pretty happy with it. Scanned from the 1/6 figure and cleaned up.

Hey guys. All my projects are done now, so I have some free time to work on this. @shenphong If you have any pics of the mouthpiece detachment that would be awesome.

Need to compile all my modeling notes and then look at the armour afresh with a critical eye and see if Parts can be built more efficently.

thats gorgeous! Sorry just saw this, I didn't seem to get any notification with the @ Great progress and yes its the mask completely when he removes it. I'm still mondering if its worth it to move with my stray dog version or to clean it up further but I'm excited to see the jin roh one come to fruition...needs more of these out there!

Its pretty much impossible to make a scanned model like that clean (id love to see a pic of the mesh you got back fron the scan btw)
Im still stuck on the chest, as it has intersections rhino realy doesnt want to make happen, its the octagonal backpack connector which mucks everything up and I cant find a way to cheat on the design without making it realy obvious i botched it.

Sorry I havent posted in a bit. My external hard drive with the files took a knock so I need to fix it and get the files back.
I havent forgotten you lot. Thank you for sticking with me, without your support I wouldnt have gotten this far.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back