Dark Forces II - 3D Printed Lightsabers

The video I got my screen grabs from are the same one you linked me on YouTube. At first I took regular grabs and used various enhancements in Ps but ended up just downloading the video and upscaling the resolution in After Effects. The downside to early FMV is motion blur so not a lot can be used.
I'll just have to try be as accurate as possible.
If they put tape on there to make it look like the plate then they must have wanted it seen.
Guess I'll have to down load the vid and go through it again.

Nice render on the updated Yun. :thumbsup

Here's my Kyle saber. I don't know who made it but they did a pretty nice job. The belt ring is an eyehook like the one in the cutscenes. Right now I have it taken apart to upgrade, adding the shield to the side.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cxgpok.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/35a80ua.jpg

Awesome man. Out of curiosity how wide is it on the lower, thinner part of the hilt?

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I'll have to down load the vid and go through it again.

Nice render on the updated Yun. :thumbsup

Yeah man I just used some random YouTube downloader addon for Firefox. Google upscaling in After Effects, there's plenty of tutorials.

This thread is really pushing my nostalgia buttons.

I know how you feel!!

I installed the game today to give it a play but there's compatibility issues with win10 =(
Cant play full screen which is irritating!

I keep jumping ahead of myself wondering what set i might do next lol!

Might just do requests for a while after.

It's old enough that it may not support resolutions in use today. Back then, a 1000 dollar monitor could maybe get you 1280x1024.

I would really like a modern engine remake of that sucker though.

Is the jan in rogue one the same as in jedi knight dark forces 2 guys ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is the jan in rogue one the same as in jedi knight dark forces 2 guys ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

The character in Rogue one is called Jyn Erso (played by felicity jones), first time i heard it i thought it was Jan Orrs but there different.

Oh, i'm seriously up for some of these sabers!

Rich

Cool man! Im working on prototype kits now, the idea being you just assemble/paint it yourself, cuts way down on costs too meaning i can sell them for cheap!

I would love to print those out! Loved the game, one of my favorites next to Republic Commandos.

Aw man, i need to model and print some stuff from Republic Commando. Maybe a pistol! Im sure theres helmet files probably somewhere on the internet lol

Sorry about the lack of updates, ive had a few commissions to print and its slowed me down (including a kylo ren saber which is turning out pretty sweet)

While im waiting though i decided to do a bit of practice with the modelling, so i made a custom design!

I wanted something with a bit of a swtor feel to it

Oh man, id love to get my hands on any of these DF sabers, been wanting them since the 20th Century!

So unfortunately this project is now on hold....because my printer went on fire =/

Faulty wiring with the connector to the heated bed meant it overheated, melted, and started smouldering against the wooden frame.....

Contacted the seller and they have agreed to give me a refund once i ship it back to them, then ill just buy a better quality printer!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back