My CW Reverse Flash costume and accessories

Re: My reverse flash ring + stand and costume

Thanks !
I managed to finish the belt and attach the emblem on the jacket, so here is a couple of crappy selfies with them and an old fake leather pants from another project. On the side note I finally found a use for that selfie stick I got last christmas.
FullSizeRender-59.jpgIMG_4281-copy.png

And a last pic of the completed belt
FullSizeRender-60.jpg

Now I'll focus on finding good thin gloves and boots to mod, and finish tweaking the jacket (still have to figure out how to do the abs thingies). I'll order the pants somewhere in July probably. Also need to loose the 15 pounds I gained these last few months working on my graduate thesis...

I think the black fade on the jacket should start just a little bit higher because with the belt you can barely notice it. Just my two cents :)

Yeah I agree, I already sprayed it a little bit higher after a first try, but it could use an inch more of fade black again. Will do while I blend it the cuffs. I think I'll also work a bit more on the side panels, they're supposed to be the same screen printed fabric with little lightning bolts as the flash I think, but in dirty yellow/black, so maybe I can at least make a lightning bolts template and spray them on to compensate the lack of fabric.

Hey I have a bunch of pics from SDCC that my friend took of you need some more reference pics

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I could have, but 1) it wasn't out when I made mine 2) it's not 18k gold plated 3) I take more pride in owning something I made or something hand made from this forum with passion and attention to the details than official licensed stuff that usually is not that accurate. For once the licensed ring looks fine though.

Modeled it in 3D, printed it on my form1+, molded it, cast it and there you go. Only thing I didn't make myself was the acrylic rod obviously.

Oh, cool! Wish I had a 3D printer, but it seems complicated. And also, what material did you use to make the mold? Like if I wanted to form a mold, how would I do it? ( I usually just work with Pepakura type stuff)

- - - Updated - - -

I could have, but 1) it wasn't out when I made mine 2) it's not 18k gold plated 3) I take more pride in owning something I made or something hand made from this forum with passion and attention to the details than official licensed stuff that usually is not that accurate. For once the licensed ring looks fine though.

I skipped over this post, my bad haha. You are right, there is more pride in making it, I was just curious.

Well, the process of molding and casting is not that complicated once you get the hang of it : To mold the master piece you need molding silicone, that comes in several hardness and options, a box of some kind you can make in whatever you want to hold the silicone over your piece, and eventually mold release. That's it for a one piece mold. 2 pieces mold are a bit more complicated and require clay usually, but check out the smooth-on website, they produce all the materials you need to mold and cast, as well as several video tutorials that are good to get started.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back