Who eles can play Iron man/Tony Stark?

I think you need someone who has a bit of an ego, can play manic fairly well, and has a history of or familiarity with (say, by proximity) substance abuse and getting clean.

I'm trying to come up with who'd be good for that who's around, say, their mid-30s (since, if you recast, you want at least a decade of work out of 'em, if not more), and I'm coming up short.

I think you need someone who has a bit of an ego, can play manic fairly well, and has a history of or familiarity with (say, by proximity) substance abuse and getting clean.

I'm trying to come up with who'd be good for that who's around, say, their mid-30s (since, if you recast, you want at least a decade of work out of 'em, if not more), and I'm coming up short.

You forgot to add intelligence.

Histrionic narcissism with a history of substance abuse gets you the phone book in Hollywood.

They have to have to portray eccentric genius with lopsided wit convincingly.
Very few actors in their 30s can do that because, let's face it, most big stars aren't that bright. You'd probably have to go for an unknown who has done a lot of stage... or someone with a well rounded CV.

Plus you can't follow up a star like RDJ with any other movie star. The only choice would be to go with a talented unknown.

But heaven forbid if they try to reboot the role with a "darker" interpretation ... "Iron Knight Returns"?

Excellent point re: the intelligence of the character. Heroism, too, I'd argue, but those are things that I think are more dependent upon writing.

I'm seeing a lot of suggestions that would de-age the character they have set up in the movies. Unless they plan on rebooting if RDJ were to leave (which i very highly doubt) then those actors wont work. They have to get somebody who is 40+ in order to not stomp all over continuity.

P.S. YenChih Lin, #18, I know you were being facetious, but that scenario is neither legally nor technologically possible, and RDJ would know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
seelsa73: Yeah, but it never hurts to let imagination run wild :lol

I'm seeing a lot of suggestions that would de-age the character they have set up in the movies. Unless they plan on rebooting if RDJ were to leave (which i very highly doubt) then those actors wont work. They have to get somebody who is 40+ in order to not stomp all over continuity.

P.S. @YenChih Lin, #18, I know you were being facetious, but that scenario is neither legally nor technologically possible, and RDJ would know that.

P.S. @YenChih Lin, #18, I know you were being facetious, but that scenario is neither legally nor technologically possible, and RDJ would know that.
Legally probably not, but technologically it is. Tupac's concert some time ago and recently Bruce Lee Whisky commercial proove that it is possible ! Not sure it's cheaper than actually hiring RDJ again though.

Legally probably not, but technologically it is. Tupac's concert some time ago and recently Bruce Lee Whisky commercial proove that it is possible ! Not sure it's cheaper than actually hiring RDJ again though.

Both those stars are dead, and the dead have no rights. They used Humphrey Bogart in an episode of Tales from the Crypt back in the day. The only legal standing would be if they used footage or audio that another studio owns, without permision of course.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Maddmaxx82, i agree of course that it couldn't be done legally, and in my opinion it shouldn't be done with any actor if he is alive and able to play the part anyway. It was just to say that it is technologically possible today, which I find amazing.

Just saw limitless yesterday, besides an uncanny resemblance between Bradley Cooper and Ralph Fienne, yeah, it could make an interesting Tony Stark !

Both those stars are dead, and the dead have no rights. They used Humphrey Bogart in an episode of Tales from the Crypt back in the day. The only legal standing would be if they used footage or audio that another studio owns, without permision of course.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I remember that episode and how cool I thought it was. If you saw it today and didn't remember it like we do you would probably think it was lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the choice is clear. If it can't be me playing Stark then Nathan Fillion is the clear choice.

Honestly, RDJ is perfect for IM. I wouldn't have it any other way, and anything IM without him wouldn't see my money or my eyes.

After all, he IS Iron Man :lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back