Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

Congratulations Simon , her rear is looking beautiful !

Haven’t received anything from Bissett as yet , but you’re still planning to use the 100A parts when they’re eventually delivered right ?
Either way , sharing more photos of her while we’re waiting on them wouldn’t hurt , only if you’re amicable to doing so of course !;)

:cheersGed

One more weekend of touching up, and then it will be like, what do we do now...

Hope to take some nice final photos this weekend. And yes if we do receive the 100a i will stick them on.

Okay - I'm done... Finnito, finished, the end.

Clear coat applied today, and took a few snaps.

I'm on a Falcon break now. :)

Falcon12.jpg
Falcon1.jpg
Falcon11.jpg
Falcon3.jpg
Falcon5.jpg
Falcon8.jpg
Falcon10.jpg
Falcon20.jpg

Well done mate , she looks a treat . Can’t believe two years have almost gone by since we started this build - I’m still nowhere near finished though !:facepalm
Have you decided on a final display/ pride of place to show her off in - surely somewhere in your Star Wars themed theatre room !?
Any idea what you’ll be tackling next , or you just planning something away from modelling for awhile ? Either way , Congratulations again Simon :thumbsup

p.s. Man I wish the Aussie Deago Forum/Site was still up and running - it’d be cool to catch up with what / how those guys are going with their builds too :confused

Waaaaaay too big for the cinema room display. At the moment I've just stuck it in the front room with a bunch of other models. Bit of a tight fit - as you can see. I plan to buy a glass top coffee table at the local auctions and modify to suit. I checked out the ikea table but too much effort to modify.

I think the other forum is dead and buried. Only designed to run for a set period then 'poof' gone. I'm a little worried that we're not getting the build r2d2 kit. Should have been out this month.

Looking forward to seeing yours (and others) completed Oz builds.

I also made a short vid of the completed Falcon. Nothing special, just showing the finished product with some close up shots of the weathering.

mf dis sml.jpg
Wide sml.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one rustbucket. You’ve pretty much nailed the original paint scheme there. Great job.

My question to all builders is that if someone came up to you and saw your Falcon and said ‘build me one the same’ and ‘cost is not a problem’. How much would you put on it.

Even at just $10 an hour plus purchase cost, that puts the starting price at $7000....

interesting question simon
sure takes some time to put it together that's for sure
my boss is doing one as well but he has no idea what it takes to paint it
at first i was going to paint it for him but i thought to myself...hmmm all my time for free..i don't think so ...
i'm pretty sure i could knock out some paint reasonably fast right now while it's fresh in my mind and i know where i stuffed up.
as for a whole model....i don't know
i wouldn't mind doing it again if someone bought mine for a reasonable price and i had all the parts day one

when i started i wanted a studio replica as best i could make it.
now after pouring over the pictures of the original models i am so much more in love with the five footer
i guess i always have been..
i saw some adding extra stuff to the 32 and liked it but said to myself....that's not what it is.
that said ....it is spose to be a minature 5 footer but obviously the makers didn't need all the detail for the shots..
i'm thinking i too would like that extra detail where possible also.. a sort of hybrid...i don't know if i would retrofit some of that into mine or not..
what say yall...???
i mean who doesn't like detail.....it's eye candy

Like the 5ft version MF paint finish you’ve gone with too @rustbucket ! Thanks for sharing .

I’m not attempting a hybrid of the Filming models per se with my ( slow ) build , but I am trying to build one that has the details of the 32” , with internal studio set finishes . That’s where the majority of my money / time has gone with this so far - not inc. the Kit itself . Nothing I’ve done is screen accurate ( it won’t ever be ) but I’m comfortable with it - mostly !:lol

As for paint finishing , I started out with the oil paint on /off technique on the underside , but I might redo that and go with the simpler (?) rattle cans and airbrushing ones I’ve been falling for over time at the end .:facepalm

So to retrofit or not ?. I say do whatever makes sense to you and more importantly , makes you happy ! . After all , you’re the one who’s gonna have to live with the finished product more than anyone else !;)

p.s. Simon , only you know the time , money and effort put into your build - so if you’re contemplating a commission build , go with what you know to be right and fair ( as you will ) for both parties . Oh , and if amicable - good luck !:thumbsup

Last edited:
i used the 32 as ref for my paint and used airbrush for 99.9% of it cause thats what ILM did.
curious to know why you thought i used 5 foot..:D although i do think it looks like it also maybe because i didn't color all the panel lines?
but the 32 didn't have that either....i wanted to keep it clean as far as the base color showing through.
on the subject of color has anyone noticed that it sorta looks like nasa could of made this ship?

@rustbucket , apologies if I mistook your paint finishing ref. I was referring to the base hue / colour , rather than specific coloured areas / markings .

Maybe it’s the images on my iPad or the lighting of the images !? , but the pictures you’ve shared don’t appear to be as “ tannish ‘ (?) as some of the 32” ones I’ve seen elsewhere . It more closely resembles images of the 5ft studio model ( which is lighter / paler in tone - this is going by what the basic colour differences are as explained by ‘ experts ‘ from what I’ve read .

My observation didn’t really take the ‘ darkened spaces ‘ between the panels into consideration .

Ged

Guys , for those of you in Aus who’re interested , I’ve been in contact with an administrator over on ModelSpace u.k. - his handle is Tomick .
Anyway , to cut a long story short , he’s offered his assistance in getting to the bottom of what’s really happening regarding the 100A pack of greeblies from Deago and Bissett .

Considering his position we’re more likely to get a definitive answer as to where our greeblie pack is ( it’s been nearly 2 months since we were told it’d be coming from Bissett ) , and when we can really expect them over here .

i realise some of you aren’t so invested in this matter but for those who are , he’s asked that you contact him over on their site to share your situation - direct and indirect subscribers .
They’ve a thread that deals specifically with this in their Millennium Falcon discussion section , which by all accounts has had a good result rate .

Last edited:
Guys , for those of you in Aus who’re interested , I’ve been in contact with an administrator over on ModelSpace u.k. - his handle is Tomick .
Anyway , to cut a long story short , he’s offered his assistance in getting to the bottom of what’s really happening regarding the 100A pack of greeblies from Deago and Bissett .

Considering his position we’re more likely to get a definitive answer as to where our greeblie pack is ( it’s been nearly 2 months since we were told it’d be coming from Bissett ) , and when we can really expect them over here .

i realise some of you aren’t so invested in this matter but for those who are , he’s asked that you contact him over on their site to share your situation - direct and indirect subscribers .
They’ve a thread that deals specifically with this in their Millennium Falcon discussion section , which by all accounts has had a good result rate .

Bissett told me they had to wait till they got them. If that's the case not much we can do

Bissett told me they had to wait till they got them. If that's the case not much we can do

When exactly did did they tell you this , was it recently or some time ago ? ... asking cause they told me they had them and would start shipping them out mid - late February .

Others posted here that they were told it’d be included with their final deliveries , only they weren’t , which was a while back - couple of weeks ?

i was told that too , when I contacted them again a few weeks ago !?

That’s the point of my post above - we’re getting mixed messages from Bissett .
The offer made in my post above still stands if you’re interested or wanting to know what’s going on .

I personally love the model I’ve been building and feel lucky to be doing so , but the same can’t be said for how Deagostini and it’s ‘ distribution ‘ of certain aspects ( read parts ! ) thereof have been handled in Australia , especially considering how other countries who were offered this item around the same time ( 2016 ) - received updated components that we should have as well , but due to oversights by them , never did .
You all know what I’m referring to right !? ... rant over .

Take up the offer by Tomick , don’t take it up ... it’s up to you . I’m personally tired of being seemingly screwed over with by Deagostini .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back