TFA/TLJ T Tracks

Heyjude7

I know that Gino’s, Roys, and Todd’s t tracks are the closest you can get to SCreen accurate as you can get but to me that’s SCreen accurate for the original trilogy.
But for the new movies, TFA and TLJ, they don’t seem to be accurate for them.
Roman’s and Korbanth’s t tracks, to me, are more accurate to the new movie Graflexes.
They seem symmetrical and even with zero taper on the T.
Any thoughts? Did I miss this convo in a previous thread?

Attachments

• A96C8C98-59BB-4E42-8909-EFE150F76DD3.png
    A96C8C98-59BB-4E42-8909-EFE150F76DD3.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 197
  • A21618E3-4611-4665-BF42-1FBB1B53A194.png
    A21618E3-4611-4665-BF42-1FBB1B53A194.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
I know that Gino’s, Roys, and Todd’s t tracks are the closest you can get to SCreen accurate as you can get but to me that’s SCreen accurate for the original trilogy.
But for the new movies, TFA and TLJ, they don’t seem to be accurate for them.
Roman’s and Korbanth’s t tracks, to me, are more accurate to the new movie Graflexes.
They seem symmetrical and even with zero taper on the T.
Any thoughts? Did I miss this convo in a previous thread?

Where did you get the photo with the track alone?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine we had pics like that!? Our dreams answered !
But tell me it doesn’t look almost identical.

No, I have the graflex 2.0 grips, I personally think they are alittle short

To me the TFA grips look thinner and taller

The 2.0 grips have the right idea with the under side though matching the shape of the flash

The 2.0 grips always shouted “short and stout” to me

I am not bashing the 2.0 grips, I would use roys tracks over 2.0 grips on my TFA builds/commissions. That is just me

But the 2.0 grips are great for the DIY with the easy stick tape on the back, and the pre drilled holes for the screws/ rivets

I don’t want this post to think I’m bashing anyone’s products, because I’m not, and I’m not that kind of person. I have a 2.0 and enjoy it!

The TFA grips look like MR grips. (Or atleast the curved profile does). I bought a set of portumacs last year for this reason, but they need to be trimmed. Its possible, since we think they used MR parts for other things, like the DL44 scope

The TFA grips look like MR grips. (Or atleast the curved profile does). I bought a set of portumacs last year for this reason, but they need to be trimmed. Its possible, since we think they used MR parts for other things, like the DL44 scope

Hmmm... I need to Scott eBay for broken MR sabers...

Any pics of MR grips up close?!

No, I have the graflex 2.0 grips, I personally think they are alittle short

To me the TFA grips look thinner and taller

The 2.0 grips have the right idea with the under side though matching the shape of the flash

The 2.0 grips always shouted “short and stout” to me

I am not bashing the 2.0 grips, I would use roys tracks over 2.0 grips on my TFA builds/commissions. That is just me

But the 2.0 grips are great for the DIY with the easy stick tape on the back, and the pre drilled holes for the screws/ rivets

I don’t want this post to think I’m bashing anyone’s products, because I’m not, and I’m not that kind of person. I have a 2.0 and enjoy it!
Thanks for your input. Always appreciated ;). Do you mean short in length? Or in height? Which is inaccurate to you? Jus wanna see what you’re seeing

To me roys is the best track on the market, I use his for all my builds ;)

Please don’t get me wrong... I love Roy’s products and use his tracks on my Vintage Graflex ESB.
But for the new sabers, I think the Romans and 2.0 have the correct shape that I see in the movie stills. Jus my opinion. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back