Darth Vader's Helmet

Wolverine8

Hi guys. I need suggestion. Last few days I've been working on this bad boy. Now time for the paint job but I can't decide. Which color layers I need? For example first mat black, then silver and last metallic black or something? If you guys did the same process before please tell me. Thanks.

DSC00944.JPGDSC00945.JPG

Thats if he wants to go prop accurate to the originals.
I guess he wouldn't be asking the question if he didn't ? However ....
If the OP isn't interested in originality , then I would suggest primering it in grey primer, then painting the whole thing gloss black . When dry , masking the areas to go silver , sanding them lightly and then painting dark silver or silverish grey . When it's all dry lightly sand the whole thing again , Then clearcoat the whole thing in clear lacquer .

I guess he wouldn't be asking the question if he didn't ? However ....
If the OP isn't interested in originality , then I would suggest primering it in grey primer, then painting the whole thing gloss black . When dry , masking the areas to go silver , sanding them lightly and then painting dark silver or silverish grey . When it's all dry lightly sand the whole thing again , Then clearcoat the whole thing in clear lacquer .

First, thanks for all responds.

I think I'm gonna follow this steps because I couldn't found Mason's Black or Tudor Grey in my country. (Turkey)

Is that pure EVA?
That is great work friend.
Had to double take.
If it is EVA, be sure to seal/coat it first.
I use Plastidip on my foam work, but it's never needed to be as smooth as Vaders helmet needs to be.
Any chance you'd like to share the files?
Id love to resize them for my youngest nephew.
Foam would be perfect for him.
Again, great work.
Robert

Also I add a video on to YouTube how I made this. In Turkish language but still if you guys wanna see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back